IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- COVID-19 at Coronation: A person who later tested positive for COVID-19 attended Coronation on May 7. Please get checked if you attended the event and think you may have been exposed.
- Midrealm King and Queen: The Middle Kingdom has a new king and queen, Their Majesties Arch and Runa.
- Baronial meetings: Meetings will be held weekly for the foreseeable future. We will move outside when the weather permits; bring lawn chairs. Set-up starts at 6:30 p.m. and the meeting starts at 7 p.m.
UPCOMING BARONIAL EVENTS
- Fletchings, an all-archery event, May 21 at Punderson State Park. Pre-registration is now open. The event will host a tournament of the Greenwood Company, and possibly a woods walk. Loaner equipment will be available. Lunch is included. Event steward is Lord Tarmach. http://fletchings.cleftlands.org/
- NOWM, June 11, Ukrainian American Youth Association Resort
47890 Bursley Rd., Wellington. The event will have a full slate of activities. Pre-registration is now open. Food will be available for purchase. Volunteers are needed for set-up on Friday, and to run Youth Point. See Lady Eleanor to sign up to teach classes. There will be no camping allowed. Lord Meinhart is event steward. http://nowm.cleftlands.org/
- See a full list of upcoming Midrealm events here: https://midrealm.org/events-calendar/
- 200th Street Stroll, June 4, in Euclid.
- Ohio Scottish Games, June 25, at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds. You must sign up beforehand.
- See Demo Coordinator Lord Carl for information on both demos.
- Baronial Revel May 25: This will include the A&S Challenge, “April Showers and May Flowers,” which invites participants to bring an item with a botanical or floral theme. There will be dancing; bring food to share. The revel will also include an Armored Tournament. Armored participants must have consorts. The procession will start at 7:30 p.m.
- Baronial Revel June 29: Tailgate Party and Swap Meet. Bring a grill and food to grill, and SCA-related items to swap or sell. This will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Exchequer: We are asking for $2 per meeting, or $50 per year, to cover the cost of the meeting hall rental. The rent has increased over the years, and we had to pay for the entire month during the period when meetings were twice a month.
- Demo Coordinator: This office will be open at the end of June. The Demo Coordinator is a deputy of the Chatelaine, and will have assistance from the Chatelaine. If you’re inspired to serve, consider applying! http://www.cleftlands.org/officer-application/
- Revel Coordinator: This person plans themes for the monthly revels. See Claricia if you are interested.
- Armorers Guild: Thursdays in Berea. The host requires that everyone in attendance be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 attend. See Baron Calum for details.
- A full list of Cleftlands guilds will be available on the website soon.
Baronial property: An inventory of baronial property is underway. If you are holding baronial property, please contact our seneschal, Lady Claricia. People holding baronial property must sign a contract, per the SCA BOD. This does not include officer regalia or items stored at the meeting site. Contracts are due to Lady Claricia by July 31.