IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- Baronial meeting schedule: Meetings will be held weekly for the foreseeable future. We will move outside when the weather permits. Set-up starts at 6:30 p.m. and the meeting starts at 7 p.m.
- COVID-19: If you find that you had COVID-19 and have attended an SCA meeting or event, please let the seneschal, Lady Claricia, know. She will announce the exposure to the group but the name of the ill person will not be revealed.
- Baronial property: An inventory of baronial property is underway. If you are holding baronial property, please contact Lady Claricia. People holding baronial property must sign a contract, per the SCA Board of Directors. This does not include officer regalia or items stored at the meeting site. Contracts are due to Lady Claricia by July 31.
- Fletchings, an all-archery event, May 21 at Punderson State Park. Pre-registration is now open. The event will host a tournament of the Greenwood Company, and possibly a woods walk. Loaner equipment will be available. Lunch is included. Event steward is Lord Tarmach. http://fletchings.cleftlands.org/
- NOWM, June 11, Ukrainian American Youth Association Resort,
47890 Bursley Rd., Wellington. The event will have a full slate of activities. Pre-registration is now open. Food will be available for purchase. Volunteers are needed for set-up on Friday, and to run Youth Point. See Lady Eleanor to sign up to teach classes. There will be no camping allowed. Lord Meinhart is event steward. http://nowm.cleftlands.org/
- Awards at NOWM: Don’t forget to recommend your friends for awards for Court at NOWM! We are almost a month away from NOWM, so get those court recommendations in asap or you could miss the date, and who knows when the next local court will be. One limited time award is a Kingdom Augmentation of Arms of a Beacon for those who worked hard during the pandemic to bring light to SCA activities. Select the Kingdom Augmentation of Arms to recommend someone for this! Award recommendations are here: https://midrealm.org/award-recommendations/
See a full list of upcoming Midrealm events here: https://midrealm.org/events-calendar/
- 200th Street Stroll, June 4, in Euclid.
- Ohio Scottish Games, June 25, at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds. You must sign up beforehand.
- See Demo Coordinator Lord Karl for information on both demos and to sign up. Information is also available on the Cleftlands Facebook page.
- Baronial Revel, May 25: This will include the A&S Challenge, April Showers and May Flowers, which invites participants to bring an item with a botanical or floral theme. The revel will also include an Armored Tournament, details to come. There will be dancing; bring food to share.
- Exchequer: The deadline has passed for turning in receipts for Dressed to Kill expenses. Attendance was 184, and the event made approximately $554 in profit.
- Demo Coordinator opening: Please apply by May 31. You will have time to work with Lord Karl before he steps down on June 29. Apply here: http://www.cleftlands.org/officer-application/
- Armorers Guild: Thursday, May 5, in Berea. The host requires that only people fully vaccinated for COVID-19 attend. See Baron Calum for details.
- A full list of Cleftlands guilds will be available on the website soon.
Check the Cleftlands Facebook page, and the calendar on the Cleftlands website, for more information.