Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
- Dressed to Kill /Baronial Investiture will take place April 9 at Divinity Lutheran Church in Cleveland. The theme is 14th-century life. See Baron Crispin if you would like to teach a class.
- Fletchings, an all-archery event, will take place May 21 at Punderson State Park. See Lord Tarmach if there are questions.
- Submit awards recommendations through the kingdom service portal: https://services.midrealm.org/
- Submit baronial awards recommendations by emailing Their Excellencies (email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org), or filling out the form on the baronial website here: http://www.cleftlands.org/award-recommendation/
- As of March 7 the Covid policies for in-person activities changed. Here are is a list of all the changes and restrictions that will be in place:
- Masks are optional, outside and inside.
- There are no restrictions on food and drink.
- Pre-registration is no longer required for weekend events.
- Proof of Covid vaccination or negative test result from within the last 3 days must still be shown for each attendee age 5 and up at the in-person activity.
- An ID or SCA membership card must still be shown for all attendees age 18 and up at the in-person activity.
- Instead of contact tracing, each attendee must sign a waiver stating that they went through the check-in process (it does not track what type of information was shown, only that they were verified to attend).
- Information can now be checked by any designated person, instead of only warranted officers and marshals, and there can be multiple people checking at a large event. The person/people doing the checking no longer have to sign a separate waiver, but they do have to upload the attendee waiver sheet to Kingdom. (or send it to me and I can do it)
- The Society disclaimer must still be posted with each invitation to an in-person activity and at the activity itself.
- Go to midrealm.org/reopening for updated information.
- The Middle Kingdom policy and FAQ have additional details about what constitutes “official.” At each activity a person needs to be designated the official vaccination checker, and must sign and date a statement to be handed in with the attendance record. Anyone hosting an “official” activity has to follow this policy. Here is the BoD policy: https://www.sca.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/COVIDsafeVaccination-and-Testing-Policy-9-25-21.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2MDOmEpPa8fYqiRxpu64Z5tPXuOf_NSQGOymgOfVxqxGAOPcSQiq4P65k And here is FAQ: https://www.sca.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/20210829-Proof-of-Vaccination-or-Negative-Test-Policy-FAQs.pdf?fbclid=IwAR22xmC-XnMSkwLNfzBkH3rpz-VRjyr6O6EbXNudhHDgOzPKqqJrAbrc2Kc
- Please contact Lady Claricia for additional information or with questions about Covid policy – email@example.com
- Three officer positions are open: rapier marshal, social media officer and demo coordinator. We cannot have rapier practice at meetings without a rapier marshal.
- Baronial meetings will be held every other week in March and April. In May, we hope to return to weekly meetings, and to hold them outdoors as soon as weather permits. ID and proof of vaccination is required. The next meeting is March 23.
- Updates on SCA and kingdom restrictions, and baronial updates, will be distributed via the Cleftlist email list and the baronial Facebook page.
- In an effort to keep business meetings short, and to reduce the number of announcements, gentles who have announcements are asked to send them prior to the meeting to Chronicler THL Jolicia atte Northclyfe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Some guilds are hosting virtual online activities; please contact the person in charge for details or see the Cleftlands Facebook group for more information. Guilds are permitted to meet in small groups, according to the guidelines that are available on the Cleftlands website, along with forms needed to do an official guild meeting. Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
When hosted at a private location, the owners may have additional requirements and restrictions for attendance. Please check with them for details.
As always, please use the new online A&S Activities Tracker on the Midrealm Services Portal to note what you’ve been up to.
- Armorers Guild: Contact Sir Calum via email.
- Archery Guild: If there is a warm weekend forecast this winter, archery practice will be held. Contact Lady Gwyneth on Facebook.
- Leatherworks Guild: On hiatus. Contact Master Oliver via email or on Facebook.
- Anti-Social Guild: On hiatus. Contact Baron Stephan Von Lübeck via email or on Facebook.
- Needleworkers Guild: Contact Lady Miriana via email.
- Dance Guild — Contact Baroness Angharad via email.
- Cooks Guild: Contact Baroness Angharad via email.
- Scribes Guild. Contact Master Milesent via email.
- Unofficial Potters’ Guild: Contact Mistress Aurelia via the Facebook group.
- Northern Oaken Recorder Ensemble: Contact THL Jolicia atte Northclyfe via email.
- Makers Guild is starting up again, using the Lorain County Community College Makers Lab. Contact Lord Macro via email.
- Demo coordinator, Karl
- Pursuivant, Njall
- Enter your name and information on the services portal, and mark Cleftlands as your home group. Being on the services portal makes it easy to submit your friends for awards and find other SCAdians. See Njall for details (email@example.com).
- Rapier Marshall, Lupa
- Armored Combat Marshall, Constanza
- Archery Marshal, Cadfan
- Chronicler, Jolicia
- A&S Minister, Angharad
- The barony is collecting items of largess for the Cleftlands baron and baroness to gift to Their Highnesses. Items are being collected at meetings.
- THL Pietro will hold a workshop on making largess by pewter casting in stone in April. Details are on the baronial Facebook page and website.
- If you would like to teach a class, or have a topic you’d like to learn, let her know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Exchequer, Robert
- Chatelaine, Jaquelinne
- Iron Key, Tryggr
- See Lord Tryggr Gillason (email@example.com) if you have items to donate.
- .Youth Minister, Rojhon
- Donations of craft supplies are needed. Yarn, beads, games, garb and more will be accepted.
- Lady Zofia will offer assistance to any who wish to become a warranted Youth Minister at Large.
- Reminder! If you’re looking for information, news, and updates, past issues of the Internebbles newsletter are posted for your convenience. All in one place, and always available to answer your questions. Go here to see all posted issues: http://wiki.cleftlands.org/Publications
- If anyone has ideas for articles for the newsletter, or a nomination for an interviewee for 5 Questions for a Cleftlander, please contact Claricia at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dressed to Kill/ Baronial Investiture, April 9, at Divinity Lutheran Church, Cleveland. Go to http://symposium.cleftlands.org/
- NOWM returns as a one-day event, June 11 in Wellington.
- See the Midrealm calendar for more upcoming events across the kingdom, including Spring Coronation and Road to Rouen.