New Meeting Site
We’ve moved! Tonight was our first night at the new site. If you weren’t able to come, please check the official post at http://www.cleftlands.org/2019/new-weekly-meeting-site/ for details.
Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
- Welcome to the new site. Please feel free to make recommendations as we slowly adapt to it.
- Starting next week, we hope to have a door unlocked on the broad side of the building so we do not have to park all the way in the back.
- Next week’s Tourney will be a Draw Your Weapon Tourney. Please come with a human consort or inspiration.
- North Oaken Regional A&S Faire: 13-Apr, was here in the Cleftlands.
- Thank you to all judges and entrants, as well as event staff.
- Robert: Receipts need to be submitted by next Wednesday
- April Dessert Revel, 24-Apr, will be the Baronial Armored Tourney. Details of the tourney format will be posted later.
- The Largesse betting table will return.
- Shahzada will have 15 slots open for doing photo portraits.
- The Secret Ingredient for the Cooks Challenge is ‘Citrus’ – sweet or savory, as long as it’s tangy. Remember to bring an ingredients list and to mark your entry with your name.
- Fletchings of Spring, an all-day archery event, is 11-May at Punderson State Park. For additional information, check http://fletchings.cleftlands.org/.
- North Oaken War Maneuvers. 1 to 3-Jun.
- It’s never too early to volunteer – Let Gianna know if you’d like to help out, as many positions, especially for the Breakfast Tavern and the rapier marshallate, need filled. She’s also looking for anyone interesting in shadowing her as event steward to learn how it all works.
- Still looking for apprentice event steward.
- Pre-registration will open after tax season so prepare to pre-reg at our 17-Apr meeting.
- Remember that, as parking is limited, it’s helpful to park with your friends and campmates so that you’ll be leaving around the same time.
- Katelena would appreciate help with the Royalty lunch. She’ll be posting lists of what is needed.
- Craftsperson Row at NOWM will be by the bocce ball court. Talk to Jolicia about displaying.
- Bardic Madness, 2-Nov, will be in Rocky River.
- It is just about time to be thinking about Regular Event for next year. If you have any ideas, please discuss them with Cadfan. Is
- Pursuivant, Njall:
- If you need help using the new award recommendations website, Njall can help you. Please recommend people soon for NOWM.
- Demo Coordinator, Shahzada
- She’s looking to step down soon. If you have any questions or are interested, please talk with her, or apply online after Friday.
- A&S Minister, Runa:
- Next week no classes due to tournament. 1-May is Jaqueline ‘Fencing Basics”
- Please use the new online A&S Activities Tracker on the Midrealm Services Portal (https://a12c.enciva.com). Runa has posted directions on how to make entries on Facebook.
- Classes! Please tell Runa if you’d like to teach, or provide suggestions about what you’d like to learn. She’s particularly interested in Pennsic-prep classes for June.
- Rapier Marshal, Velvet:
- Our Youth Rapier Corps has 15 participants. We’re looking for another 3 adult rapier combatants authorized to serve as combatants with the children to help train them.
- Jaquelinne is sponsoring a ’50 Largesee Items for Midrealm 50-Year’ challenge. She’ll collect and present the items of largesse at the 50-year celebration as a gift of the Cleftlands. Please have your items to her by 15-May: she’ll arrange to get them there and presented.
- Rayner has access to a Fab Lab, which he could share with others for projects such as making site tokens. Please talk to him about the opportunities.
- Takes my Child to Raze a Village: is next weekend. This youth Rapier event would be a good one for presenting awards to our youth rapier combatants, so get your award recommendations in soon.
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild will meet at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Lubeck is usually hosts his Anti-Social (Brewing) club on Thursday. They are currently working on beer and taxidermy. If you’re interested,please contact him as Steve Kerg on Facebook to confirm the meeting.
- Archery Guild will meet, depending on weather, on Mondays, 5:30, at Gwyneth’s home. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details, or contact Gwyneth.
- Orsina is hosting Bard’s Tea Time this Saturday after 3 pm. Please check the Cleftlands FV group for details and directions.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers Guild meets 2nd and 4th Tuesdays. They meet next on 23-Apr at Constanza’s home. Directions will be posted online, or contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org for detail for details and directions.
- Bookbinders Guild is making 50 small books to give as largesse at MK 50-Year, at Wednesday meetings. Please contact Jolicia or James Barkley if you have questions. There’s already a post with requested supplies on the Baronial FB page.
- Scribes Guild meets first Mondays, next on 6-May, at 7 pm at Brackenburye Cottage, Please contact Melisent at Grace@case.edu with any questions.
- Cook’s Guild meets first Wednesdays at meeting, next on 1-May at the meeting site. Contact Angharad at BaronessAngharad@gmail.com if you have a questions. The guild is hosting a Citrus Cook’s Challenge for the April Dessert Revel (24-Apr). We’ll also be having a bread-making and baking session on Sun, 28-April, and will be planning to do some “Cooking over Fire’ practices at NOWM.