On Wednesday, April 24th, the Cleftlands lists were opened up to all armored combatants to test their mettle in the annual tournament. The theme of combat for the tournament was a random weapon style, including a rather humorous two-shield survival challenge. Numerous inspired combatants stepped forth and took to the lists. When the flurry of rattan, shields, and sweat slowed and the last blows were counted, one armored combatant emerged victorious.
Congratulations to the Duke Valharic Caligula Aurelius, inspired by Baroness Adele Kramer, for winning the novelty-themed tournament and the tourney prize of a folding armor stand* created by the hand of Baron Crispin al-Rumi and a custom Roman-inspired necklace and earring set created by Lady Miriana of Cleftlands.
In addition to the armored festivities, Lady Claricia de la Mere sponsored a friendly wagers table. While no one won the grand prize selecting the square with the final tournament combatants, second and third place were awarded to Forester Gwyneth Cole and Lady Sabine de Ancastre. The first place prize will carry through to the November rapier tournament later this year.
The Cook’s Guild sponsored a cooking challenge, with the theme of citrus. Here’s a small overview of the delicious offerings:
Special thanks to our marshals in charge, Duke Eikbrandr Solgyafi and Duke Laurelen Darksbane, our list mistresses, Duchess Runa Æikibrandskona and Mistress Zuriel Nightshade, and our heralds Sargent Njall Orkneyjarson and Lady Orsina della Luna.
The list included:
- Duke Valharic Caligula Aurelius fighting for Baroness Adele Kramer
- Count Nikolai Grigorevich Petrov fighting for Countess Serena Kimbalwyke
- Baron Calum MacDhaibhidh fighting for Baroness Angharad ferch Tangwystl
- Mistress Constanza de Mendoza fighting for Duke Laurelen Darksbane
- Sir Wigthegn the Younger fighting for Lady Neassa O’Cathasaigh
- Sir Thorin Eikskjald fighting for Lady Thora of Cleftlands
- Sir Corvus Aurelius Corvenus fighting for Lady Daru
- Baron Stephen von Lübeck fighting for Lord Wilhelm Wolfheart
- Baron Edward Brackenburye fighting for Mistress Milesent Vibert
- Forester Muldonny McVriw fighting for Forester Gwyneth Cole
- Captain Sirius of Cleftlands fighting for Lady Claricia de la Mere
- Sargent Tariq al Sanna Af Fjall fighting for Lady Jocelin D’Eyncour
- Sargent Marellus Kilianus fighting for Lady Seonaid inghean Ghriogair
- Lord Cadfan of Cleftlands fighting for Lady Miriana of Cleftlands
- Lord Carl of Cleftlands fighting for Lady Shahzada Isfahani
- Lord Lazlo of Cleftlands fighting for Maestra Aurelia Rosetti
- Lord Jaromír Skjoldhund fighting for Lady Aethelwynn Skerra Dimma
- Lady Aethelwynn Skerra Dimma fighting for Lord Jaromír Skjoldhund
- Dmitrii of Næturauði fighting for fighting for his his parents
- Tryggr Gillison fighting for Torgun
- Varghoss of Næturauði fighting for Duchess Runa Æikibrandskona
* Armor stand designs courtesy of Honor Before Victory, Lord Gregor Reinhardt von Holstein and Mistress Genoveva von Lübeck.