New Meeting Site
We’re moving! Please check the official post at http://www.cleftlands.org/2019/new-weekly-meeting-site/ for details.
Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
- Crispin presented the barony’s thanks to Calum for taking care of the list for the last 15 years.
- North Oaken Regional A&S Faire: 13-Apr, is here in the Cleftlands.
- Site opens at 8 for setup, which is mostly moving tables and chairs as needed, and to the populace at 9:30 am. The event will close in the 6 to 6:30 range, as there is no evening feast.
- Judges and entrants must be registered by 10:30 am.
- Shazada will have a social media table with a live feed of the event.
- Donations are needed for the breakfast bar.
- Volunteers are needed to help in the kitchen and around the event.
- April Dessert Revel, 24-Apr, will be the Baronial Armored Tourney. Details of the tourney format will be posted later.
- The betting table will return, and there may be a photo booth.
- The Secret Ingredient for the Cooks Challenge is ‘Citrus’ – sweet or savory, as long as it’s tangy.
- Fletchings of Spring, an all-day archery event, is 11-May at Punderson State Park. For additional information, check http://fletchings.cleftlands.org/.
- North Oaken War Maneuvers. 1 to 3-Jun.
- It’s never too early to volunteer – Let Gianna know if you’d like to help out, as many positions, especially for the Breakfast Tavern and the rapier marshallate, need filled. She’s also looking for anyone interesting in shadowing her as event steward to learn how it all works.
- Pre-registration will open after tax season so prepare to pre-reg at our 17-Apr meeting.
- Remember that, as parking is limited, it’s helpful to park with your friends and campmates so that you’ll be leaving around the same time.
- Katelena would appreciate help with the Royalty lunch. She’ll be posting lists of what is needed.
- Bardic Madness, 2-Nov, will be in Rocky River.
- It is just about time to be thinking about Regular Event for next year. If you have any ideas, please discuss them with Cadfan.
- A&S Minister, Runa:
- Please use the new online A&S Activities Tracker on the Midrealm Services Portal (https://a12c.enciva.com). Runa has posted directions on how to make entries on Facebook.
- Classes! Please tell Runa if you’d like to teach, or provide suggestions about what you’d like to learn. She’s particularly interested in Pennsic-prep classes for June.
- Rapier Marshal, Velvet:
- Our Youth Rapier Corps has 15 participants. We’re looking for another 3 adult rapier combatants authorized to serve as combatants with the children to help train them.
- Jaquelinne is sponsoring a ’50 Largesee Items for Midrealm 50-Year’ challenge. She’ll collect and present the items of largesse at the 50-year celebration as a gift of the Cleftlands. Please have your items to her by 15-May: she’ll arrange to get them there and presented.
- Macro has access to a Fab Lab, which he could share with others for projects such as making site tokens. Please talk to him about the opportunities.
- Rowen asked for people to get their award recommendations for children submitted in time to present them at “Takes a Child to Raze a Village.’
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild will meet at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Lubeck is usually hosts his Anti-Social (Brewing) club on Thursday. They are currently working on glass beads and taxidermy. If you’re interested,please contact him as Steve Kerg on Facebook to confirm the meeting.
- Archery Guild will meet, depending on weather, on Sundays, 11 am to 1 pm, at Gwyneth’s home. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details, or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers Guild meets 2nd and 4th Tuesdays. They meet next on 23-Apr at Constanza’s home. Directions will be posted online, or contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org for detail for details and directions.
- Bookbinders Guild is making 50 small books to give as largesse at MK 50-Year, at Wednesday meetings. Please contact Jolicia or James Barkley if you have questions. There’s already a post with requested supplies on the Baronial FB page.
- Scribes Guild meets first Mondays, next on 6-May, at 7 pm at Brackenburye Cottage, Please contact Melisent at Grace@case.edu with any questions.
- Cook’s Guild meets first Wednesdays at meeting, next on 1-May at the meeting site. Contact Angharad at BaronessAngharad@gmail.com if you have a questions. The guild is hosting a Citrus Cook’s Challenge for the April Dessert Revel (24-Apr). We’ll also be having a bread-making and baking session on Sun, 28-April, and will be planning to do some “Cooking over Fire’ practices at NOWM.