IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
Masks required: The SCA once again requires masks at all official indoor activities. An activity is “official” if it is announced on a baronial or SCA Facebook page, or the Cleftlist.
Road to Rouen: If you are attending Road to Rouen, check the COVID-19 policies in that kingdom. The policies are different from those in Midrealm.
Pennsic registration deadline: The deadline is June 16.
Baronial meetings: Meetings will be held weekly for the foreseeable future. We will move outside when the weather permits; bring lawn chairs. Set-up starts at 6:30 p.m. and the meeting starts at 7 p.m.
- Fletchings, an all-archery event, May 21 at Punderson State Park. Pre-registration is now open. The event will host a tournament of the Greenwood Company, and possibly a woods walk. Loaner equipment will be available. Lunch is included. Event steward is Lord Tarmach. http://fletchings.cleftlands.org/
- NOWM, June 11, Ukrainian American Youth Association Resort, 47890 Bursley Rd., Wellington. NEW: No cash will be accepted at the gate, only preregistration and checks with ID. The event will have a full slate of activities. Pre-registration is now open. Food will be available for purchase. Volunteers are needed for set-up on Friday, and to run Youth Point. See Lady Eleanor to sign up to teach classes. There will be no camping allowed. Lord Meinhard is event steward. http://nowm.cleftlands.org/
See a full list of upcoming Midrealm events here: https://midrealm.org/events-calendar/
- 200th Street Stroll, June 4, in Euclid.
- Ohio Scottish Games, June 25, at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds. You must sign up beforehand.
- See Demo Coordinator Lord Carl for information on both demos.
- Revels are held at the last baronial meeting of the month.
- Baronial Revel May 25: This will include the A&S Challenge, “April Showers and May Flowers,” which invites participants to bring an item with a botanical or floral theme. There will be dancing; bring food to share. NEW: We will try to hold this outside, so bring a chair. If we are inside, masks can be removed while eating. The revel will also include an Armored Tournament. Armored participants must have consorts. The procession will start at 7:30 p.m.
- Baronial Revel June 29: Tailgate Party and Swap Meet. SCA-related items to swap or sell. This will be held outside, weather permitting. NEW: Hamburgers and brats will be provided; bring side dishes to share.
- MOAS: Check the Google calendar on the baronial website to see information on guild activities.
- Demo Coordinator: This office will be open at the end of June. The Demo Coordinator is a deputy of the Chatelaine, and will have assistance from the Chatelaine. If you’re inspired to serve, consider applying! http://www.cleftlands.org/officer-application/
- Revel Coordinator: This person plans themes for the monthly revels. See Claricia if you are interested.
- Armorers Guild: Thursdays in Berea. The host requires that only people fully vaccinated for COVID-19 attend. See Baron Calum for details.
- A full list of Cleftlands guilds will be available on the website soon.
- Baronial property: An inventory of baronial property is underway. If you are holding baronial property, please contact our seneschal, Lady Claricia. People holding baronial property must sign a contract, per the SCA BOD. This does not include officer regalia or items stored at the meeting site. Contracts are due to Lady Claricia by July 31.
- Bids needed: We do not have bids for a fall Regular Event. See Their Excellencies or Claricia if you are interested in being event steward.
- Meeting dues: We are asking for $2 per meeting, or $50 per year, to cover the cost of the meeting hall rental. The rent has increased over the years, and we had to pay for the entire month during the period when meetings were twice a month.