- Accepting bids for Regular event through mid-April. Absent a bid, we’ll be absent an event.
- NOWM: 8 to 10-Jun
- Ginevra, Event Steward, is looking for volunteers, and those who would like to learn more about how the event is organized. Please contact her if you would like to help out.
- Dorothea is organizing gate: if you have time to spare, please volunteer with her.
- Brendan is organizing classes for NOWM. If you’re interested in teaching, please contact him, either in person, or through the link on the event website.
- Parking help is always needed.
- It Takes my Child to Raze a Village is this weekend, and is the Kingdom’s premier youth event. Please consider attending. There will also be a lot of archery.
- Terpsichore at the Tower is a notable dance vent, being held two weekends. Ginevra is organizing a carpool for those interested in attending.
- Chatelaine, Miriana: As she’s hit her year-anniversary, Miriana is looking to take a deputy (or a few) to begin learning about the Chatelaine’s role. Pleae contact her if you’re interested.
- A&S Minister, Runa: We have classes scheduled for meetings through the end of May. There will be no classes scheduled during July and August. You can find the upcoming class listings on the Cleftlands website or on Facebook’s event calendar:
- 11-Apr: Needleworkers Fabric Swap, and Traveling Pincushion class by Madelaine. Please bring your Altoids-style tin boxes for the class.
- 11-Apr: Bookbinding on a Loom by James Barkley to complete add covers to the loom-bound books created this week. Talk to him at the Craftspersons Faire about supplies and how to get ready for the class.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild meets at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Woodworker’s Guild will not meet this Thursday. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.firstname.lastname@example.org for directions or with questions. You can also check the Cleftlands Woodworkers Facebook page.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice meets on Sunday around 7 pm. You can contact Cynwrig for details at email@example.com.
- Archery Guild will meet on MONDAYs starting around 5:30 pm, but is still weather dependent. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details.or contact Gwyneth.
- Scribes Guild will meet at Brackenburye cottage on Mon, 9-Apr around 7 pm. Please contact Melisent at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm . Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers will host host a Fabric swap at meeting on 11-Apr, for the fabric for which you have no plans. Details will be posted online, or you can contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cook’s Guild will meet 11-Apr, due to the bad weather this week.
- Meridian is organizing a group interested in learning Gregorian chant: plans are still in progress. Those of any age or skill level are welcome.
- In two weeks, Ginevra will be hosting a Heraldry Roundtable for those interested in learning more about heraldry or increasing their involvement.
Ginevra is organizing a party to go to Terpsichore at the Tower, a event for dancing of all types held in Michigan (Barony of Cynnabar) on 21-April. This is a great opportunity to get a chance to dance, as you often can’t at meetings due to the overlap with fighting or other activities. If you’re interested in the event, you can check it out here (https://cynnabar.org/terpsichore/). If you’re interested in coordinating the trip, please contact Ginevra.
Sirius will be hosting a 6-foot spear tournament on 18-Apr with cool prizes. Please come and participate.
Baron and Baroness
At Better War through Archery, about eight Cleftlanders attended. Gwyneth joined the Greenwood Company. Muldonny won the Greenwood Company-sponsored Schutzenfest, as well as the Ash Ring, a prize initiated by Edmund during his most recent reign.
We’re aiming to move combat outside in mid-May: weather permitting.
The Baron and Baroness will sponsor an Armored Tourney on 25-Apr Dessert Revel; starting at 8 pm.