«

»

Meeting Minutes: 17-May-52

  • NOWM is June 9-11th.
    • NOWM Clean-Up Day will be 20-May. Please come to prepare the site for our event.
    • Angharad is Royalty Liaison, and is looking for help with gift baskets for the royalty, royalty lunch, retainers, and guards.
    • The autocrats are still looking for a volunteer to handle Youth Point or Activities, as well as event heralds to announce activities around the site and general labor around the event.
    • Madelaine is taking pre-registration each week. Preregistration will save you $5 on the site. She’s also looking for help to serve as gate keepers Friday and Saturday of NOWM.
    • Clarisca is organizing merchants: please let her know if you are looking to sell things. Space is unlimited.
  • Standard-Bearer’s will be 2-Sep. Meinhard is the Event Steward. If you are interesting in helping out please get in touch with him to volunteer.

Officers:

  • Iron Key will be working on refurbishing the loaner armor at the Armorer’s Guild this Thursday.

Demos:

  • 3-Jun, the Saturday before NOWM, is the East 200th St demo just outside our meeting site. It will run 10-2 Artair will be posting a Facebook event soon with all details.
  • 16-17 Sept is the Mapleside Demo. Please plan on coming..

Guilds

Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.

  • Armorer’s Guild meets at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday, 7-10 pm . Please contact Calum at calum@att.net for information or directions.
  • Unofficial Fencing Practice meets this upcoming Sunday. Please contact Cynwrig for details atjimpretz@sbcglobal.net about future Sundays.
  • Archery Guild meets Tuesdays at the home of Gwynedd and Muldonney, starting around 5 pm, and running into twilight. They have a great deal of loaner equipment, so if you’re at all interested please come.
  • Leatherwork’s Guild will meet at Oliver’s at 7 pm on Tuesday for an Open Bench. Please contact Oliver at adifferenttwist@gmail.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
  • Dancing will occur next week at meeting at 7  pm. Look for Angharad and the red canvas bag of music.
  • Woodworkers Guild meets Thursday, 18-May, 7-10 pm at Meinhard’s home. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.hammerschmidt@gmail.com for directions or with questions. You can also check the Cleftlands Woodworkers Facebook page.
  • Needleworksr will meet on 23-May at Madelaine’s to get a head start on the tabard-making class. .

Baron and Baroness

  • Aethelmearc War Practice is this weekend at Cooper’s Lake Campground.
  • The Crown has requested scroll blanks for use. Ginevra will collect all that you can produce at NOWM to share with them. Everyone can help, just ask the Scribes Guild members for guidance if you’ve never done it before.
  • Mistress Keiley Duchem is looking for groups to cook breakfast and dinner for Midrealm Royal on Mon, Tue, Wed, and Thu of War Week at Pennsic. She will have numbers of people and related food issues available to share closer to Pennsic. Groups will need to front the money for the food: expenses will be reimbursed at Pennsic based on submitted receipts. Calum can provide additional information.
  • At May Dessert Revel, we’ll be taking an ‘All Barony’ picture, outside on the fighting field. Please come: garb is entirely optional, but you are not.

Regency Court

  • Avengar received his (THIRD) Dragon’s Tooth.