- NOWM is 9 thru 11-Jun.
- NOWM Clean-Up Day was 20-May. During the cleanup, we discovered ticks in the deep grass. Please come to NOWM prepared to check your friends and acquaintances to remove ticks as necessary. If removed quickly, there is very little chance of disease.
- The autocrats are still looking for volunteers to help with parking, crying events, and registration. Even half an hour to provide some relief would be appreciated.
- The event will be heavily attended, as there are a lot of activities going on, including two elevations and the Baronial Investiture. Please carpool if you possibly can, as parking is going to be at a premium.
- Angharad is Royalty Liaison, and is looking for help with gift baskets for the royalty. If you have some time to offer as a royal retainer or royalty trailer guard, please sign up at http://signup.com/go/qWbrTbt.
- Madelaine is taking pre-registration each week. Preregistration will save you $5 on the site. She’s also looking for help to serve as gate keepers Friday and Saturday of NOWM.
- Clarisce is organizing merchants: please let her know if you are looking to sell things. Space is unlimited.
- Standard-Bearer’s will be 2-Sep. Meinhard is the Event Steward. If you are interesting in helping out please get in touch with him to volunteer.
- 3-Jun, the Saturday before NOWM, is the East 200th St demo just outside our meeting site. It will run 9-3. Artair has posted a Facebook event soon with all details.
- 16-17 Sept is the Mapleside Demo. Please plan on coming..
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild meets at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday, 7-10 pm . Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice meets this upcoming Sunday. Please contact Cynwrig for details firstname.lastname@example.org about future Sundays.
- Archery Guild meets Tuesdays at the home of Gwynedd and Muldonney, starting around 6 pm, and running into twilight. They have a great deal of loaner equipment, so if you’re at all interested please come.
- Leatherwork’s Guild will meet at Oliver’s at 7 pm on Tuesday for an Open Bench, working on period pouches. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Dancing will occur next week at meeting at 7 pm. Look for Angharad and the red canvas bag of music.
- Woodworkers Guild meets next Thursday, 1-Jun, 7-10 pm at Meinhard’s home. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.firstname.lastname@example.org for directions or with questions. You can also check the Cleftlands Woodworkers Facebook page.
- Needleworkers will meet once near the end of May, to allow you time to work on garb for NOWM.
- Ginevra has stepped up as the Midrealm Submissions Herald. If you have any submissions, you can deliver them directly to her at meeting, rather than mailing them in.
Baron and Baroness
- Crown Tourney is this weekend: five Cleftlanders are represented. Silverthorn fighting for Chai, Wynfang fighting for Neassa, Tariq fighting for Faillenn, Kari fighting for Fritha, and Sigenandus fighting for Verena.
- At Aethelmearc War Practice, Cleftlands represented more than half of the Unbelted Champion’s Practice.
- The Crown has requested scroll blanks for use. Ginevra will collect all that you can produce at NOWM to share with them. Everyone can help, just ask the Scribes Guild members for guidance if you’ve never done it before.
- Mistress Keiley Duchem is looking for groups to cook breakfast and dinner for Midrealm Royal on Mon, Tue, Wed, and Thu of War Week at Pennsic. She will have numbers of people and related food issues available to share closer to Pennsic. Groups will need to front the money for the food: expenses will be reimbursed at Pennsic based on submitted receipts. Calum can provide additional information.
- This weekend is Kingdom A&S and Crown Tourney. Many Cleftlanders have A&S entries, while even more will be judging.
- At May Dessert Revel, we’ll be taking an ‘All Barony’ picture, outside on the fighting field. Please come: garb is entirely optional, but you are not. The picture will be at 8 pm. If you have a chair to bring to help with the picture, 12 are needed.
- Dessert Revel will also include the annual Rummage Sale and Swap Meet. Please bring those SCA items you’re no longer using, and invite your friends to take, or buy, them.
- If you want a Cleftlands belt favor to wear at Pennsic or other events during the season, please see Calum or Constanza.