- The Cleftlands will be observing the following holiday meeting schedule:
- November 15 – Meeting
- November 22 (Thanksgiving) – No Meeting
- November 29 – Armored Tourney & Dessert Revel
- December 6 – Meeting
- December 13 – Meeting
- December 20 – Yule Revel
- December 27 (Christmas/New Years) – No Meeting
- January 3 – Meeting
- The Barony of the Cleftlands is accepting applications for Archery Marshal. This position requires current SCA membership. If you would like to be considered for this position, please fill out the application online. The submission will be received by the Baron, Baroness, Seneschal, and Archery Marshal for review prior to being presented at an Officers meeting for final vote. The deadline for submissions is November 22, 2017.
- The baronial trim order is currently in production. When further details are received, they will be shared.
- Lady Robin is collecting feast gear for newcomers.
- Lord Velvet is collecting donations for the auction at SlamDownFest, a large rapier event. See him for more details.
- Lady Claricia will be hosting the gaming table at the November 29th dessert revel and rapier tournament. Please bring a largess item or donation if you would like to place a friendly wager on a square. No money or alcohol please.
- Lady Claricia would also like to encourage people to bring the usual assortment of nibbles and finger food for dessert revel snacks.
- Lady Dulcia will be hosting a Commentary Gallery providing a blow-by-blow explanation of the rapier combat.
- There were two classes taught tonight: Head Coverings Across Europe and Three Period (Rapier) Combat Styles.
- There are several upcoming classes:
- December 13 – Making Your Second Tunic [Facebook Event | Cleftlands]
- December 20 – Courtesy in the SCA: A Beginner’s Guide [Facebook Event]
- January 3 – Historical Herbal Medicine: From History Until Today [Facebook Event]
- January 10 – How to Sew a Drawstring Pouch [Facebook Event]
- January 17 – Use of Gold Leaf in Illumination
- January 24 – Wire Temple Rings II
- You can find the class listings on the Cleftlands website or on Facebook’s event calendar. Note: Class listings on the Cleftlands website publish roughly two weeks before the event to keep them fresh in the Classes listing.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild meets at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday, 7-10 pm, but NOT on November 23 during Thanksgiving week. Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Archery Guild meets this Sunday from 11 til 2, weather permitting, at the home of Gwyneth and Muldonney. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice meets this Sunday. Please check the Baronial Facebook group for confirmation, or contact Cynwrig for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leatherwork’s Guild will NOT meet on November 21 during Thanksgiving week.
- Woodworker’s Guild will NOT meet November 16 or November 23 during Thanksgiving week.
Baron and Baroness
- The cadence of the tournaments will be once per year, with the Rapier Tourney falling in November and the Armored tourney in April.
- Rapier fighters from the region are invited to compete.
- The tournament was started to provide an outlet for new combatants to get tournament experience.
- All in attendance are encouraged to dress their best to recreate a true tournament (similar to Crown tournament) setting.
- Lady Claricia will be hosting a gaming table which will accept largess donations. These donations will be added to the baronial largess coffers and will be in turn given visiting royalty in largess baskets, as is custom.
- January Event is roughly ten weeks away. If you would like to recognize someone for a Kingdom or Baronial award, nw is the time to submit. For more details, see the baronial missive.
- Gwyntarian, our neighbors to the south, will be hosting Road to Burgundy this Saturday.
Special thanks to our Chronicler’s Correspondent, Mistress Alda for documenting this weeks meeting.