- NOWM was last weekend!
- Many thanks to all event staff. This was the largest ever NOWM with 740 paid attendees. Many thanks were given to the event stewards and all staff members.
- If you still have receipt to submit for reimbursement, contact Dorothea by next meeting. No reimbursements will be made after next week’s meeting.
- Pennsic is 43 days away. Pennsic pre-registration closes in 3 days. If you don’t pre-register, the group you are camping with will have no land to fit your tent. Please pre-register if you are going to Pennsic.
- Standard-Bearer’s will be 2-Sep. Meinhard is the Event Steward. If you are interesting in helping out please get in touch with him to volunteer. He is especially looking for a rapier marshal.
- 16-17 Sept is the Mapleside Demo. Please plan on coming..
- Sir Artair is planning to step down as Demo Coordinator in the next three to four months. Please contact him if you’d like to know more about the position.
If an armored combatant is injured on the practice field, please make sure to tell Thorin (Knight’s Marshall) about the injury. He needs to know about this for his reporting and tracking.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild (and the less official Booze and Schmooze) meets at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday, 7-10 pm . Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice does meet again this upcoming Sunday. For info on when and where, please contact Cynwrig for details firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Archery Guild meets Tuesdays at the home of Gwyneth and Muldonney, starting around 6 pm, and running into twilight. They have a great deal of loaner equipment, including Combat Archery arrows, so if you’re at all interested in either target or combat archery please come. With sufficient bribes, live Combat Archery targets may be provided. Contact Muldonney for details on effective bribes.
- Leatherwork’s Guild will meet at Oliver’s at 7 pm on Tuesday for an Open Bench, working on period pouches. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Woodworkers Guild meets this Thursday, 7-10 pm at Meinhard’s home. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.firstname.lastname@example.org for directions or with questions. You can also check the Cleftlands Woodworkers Facebook page.
- Needleworkers will meet on 27 June at Constanza home in Cleveland Heights. Directions and details will be posted electronically closer to the date. If you have any questions about Needleworkers, please contact Madelaine at email@example.com
- Claricia, Dorothea, and Angharad are organizing Cleftlands Battlefield Hospitality at Pennsic. If you can help keep your fellow Cleftlanders from keeling over in the heat, please come and help. You can let us know which battles you may be able to help with at http://signup.com/go/vJnDvvM.
- I Verdi Confusi is performing two shows at Pennsic, and is looking for new players to join them. Please contact any of the I Verdi Confusi members if you’re interested.
- Assuming we are fighting outdoors next week, Eikbrandr will lead a class on ‘How to Fall Safely in Armor.’
Baron and Baroness
- Gianna and Crispin both thanked everyone for a successful and smoothly run NOWM.
- The Rivenvale Medieval Fair demo this Saturday. If you can help out, please participate.
- Red Spears is hosting Baron Wars on 24-Jun, which is at a new site. They are hosting their Baronial Investiture, as well as a silent auction to raise funds for a Midrealm Royal cooking trailer for Pennsic.
- Rayner received his Award of Arms.
- Sir Ulfr was brought into the Order of the Willow.