- Our Rapier and Knight’s Marshals are looking to step down. If you are interested in serving in either position, please submit your information, via the form on the Cleftlands.org website, by tomorrow, 10-Nov.
- We are still looking into alternative for meeting site. If you have a suggestion, please submit it via the Google doc on the Cleftlands Facebook page.
There will be no meeting on 23-Nov, the day before Thanksgiving.
- Brief officers meeting next Wed at 8 pm.
- Advanced registration for Regular Event is now open. Please see Madelaine at meeting to pre-register for the event, feast, or the fighter box lunches.
- Please contact Sorcha if you’re interested in teaching a class at Regular Event. She’s particularly looking for classes related to the events theme, Love vs. Death.
- Zsof and Dmitri, co-event stewards for Regular Event, still have some positions to fill. If you’re interested in helping out, please contact them to find out what still needs doing.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Woodworkers Guild on Thursdays at 7 pm at Meinhard’s home in Parma. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.email@example.com for information.
- Armorer’s Guild meets also meets Thursdays at 7 pm, at Ealdred’s home in Berea. Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- East side archery practice meets Sundays starting at 2 pm at the home of Gwyneth and Muldonney, 411 Douglas Blvd, Richmond Heights, OH 44143. Donations will be used to replace archery butts, foam, and targets. Loaner equipment is available.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice meets Sunday. Please contact Cynwrig for details email@example.com.
- All cooks are invited to gather at 2 pm on Sun, 13-Nov, to make gnocchi for the January event at 1643 Richmond Rd in Lyndhurst. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more directions or information.
- Leatherwork’s Guild will meet at Oliver’s at 7 pm on Tuesday. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers will be meeting 15-Nov at Madelaine’s home, and then on 29-Nov. Directions will be posted to Cleftlist and the Cleftlands Facebook page closer to the meeting, or contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- His Majesty Edmund will attend Gwyntarian meeting and fighter practice this Thursday along with some other Tirnewydd area fighters. John, Baron of Brendoken, invites anyone interested to join the fighter practice. 7:45 – 10 pm, 10-Nov, Akron Turner Club, 547 S. Munroe Falls Rd., Tallmadge, OH 44278.
- This Saturday is Gwyntarian’s Road to Highland event: only an hour away, there will be a lot of varying activities at the event. Check out their website at http://gwyntarian.midrealm.org/roadtohighlands2016.html.
- 30-Nov is the next Cleftlands Armored Tourney. All fighters are invited to participate: bring your spiffiest kit and your inspiration and claim the Cleftlands Sword.
- Lady Blair has just authorized as an armored fighter.
- Zofia’s son is our newest authorized youth rapier combatant.
- Letters of intent to serve as the next Baron/ess can be submitted to email@example.com until Nov 16. If you are interested in serving, please submit your name to Transition@cleftlands.org.
Baronial Transition Polling Process
- Polls will be mailed to all paid members with mailing addresses within Cuyahoga County. You can update your mailing address at sca.org. A generic poll form will be posted online, for non-resident members or non-members to print and mail in.
- Candidate’s Letters of Intent can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, between 19-Oct and 16-Nov. They will be collected and sent to the Kingdom Transitions Deputy. The letters should include:
- SCA and Legal names
- SCA Titles
- Contact information: address, email, and phone
- Copies of your membership cards
- Copies of an ID card such as for Pennsic.
- Any other information such as your SCA history or your intentions that you think would be useful to the Royalty or Transition Deputy.
- Polls can be returned between 18-Dec and 7-Jan.
- In the new year, the Royal Family will appoint the new Barons Cleftlands, using the feedback in the poll results to guide their decision. However, this is NOT an election. Your feedback about the candidates, both positive and negative, will be considered along with the actual votes. The dates will be at their convenience.