- There will be no meeting on 23-Nov, the day before Thanksgiving.
- Candidate letters of intent to serve as Baron/Baroness of the Cleftlands will be accepted until midnight TONIGHT!
- Crispin is stepping down as A&S Minister. If you are interested in the position, please talk to him about it, and submit your name via the form on the web page, which will be available tomorrow.
- Advanced registration for Regular Event is now open. Please see Madelaine at meeting to pre-register for the event, feast, or the fighter box lunches.
- Please contact Sorcha if you’re interested in teaching a class at Regular Event. She’s particularly looking for classes related to the events theme, Love vs. Death.
- Zsof and Dmitri, co-event stewards for Regular Event, still have some positions to fill. If you’re interested in helping out, please contact them to find out what still needs doing.
- A&S Minister: If you are interested in teaching a class or sharing a school at meeting, please contact Crispin directly, or through the form on the website to schedule a class meeting.
- Knights Marshal: Domesday reports are due from all Marshals and Marshals-in-Training. All combatants should complete the online roster to support the Baronial Domesday report.
- Exchequer: If you’d like a receipt for an annual site donation, please contact Robert who can provide it.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Woodworkers Guild will meet this Thursdays at 7 pm at Meinhard’s home in Parma. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Armorer’s Guild will also meet this Thursdays at 7 pm, at Ealdred’s home in Berea. Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- East side archery practice will meets Sunday, if the weather is good. Check the Facebook page for weather related updates. If they are meeting, they’ll start at 2 pm at the home of Gwyneth and Muldonney, 411 Douglas Blvd, Richmond Heights, OH 44143. Donations will be used to replace archery butts, foam, and targets. Loaner equipment is available.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice usually meets Sunday. Please contact Cynwrig for details firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leatherwork’s Guild will meet at Oliver’s at 7 pm on Tuesday. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers will be meeting 29-Nov. Directions will be posted to Cleftlist and the Cleftlands Facebook page closer to the meeting, or contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At Gwyntarian’s Road to the Highlands event: our own Brice won two tournaments: the Intermediate Tourney and the Most Recent Authorization Tourney. Blair and Nazir won the Steal the Sheep Tourney.
- 30-Nov is the next Cleftlands Armored Tourney. All fighters are invited to participate: bring your spiffiest kit and your inspiration and claim the Cleftlands Sword.
- Letters of intent to serve as Baron or Baroness of the Cleftlands must be submitted by midnight TONIGHT: to email@example.com.
- 7-Dec the Baronial candidates will be available for discussion at a meet-and-greet at meeting.
- Polling will run 18-Dec to 7-Jan.
- Investiture will be held at NOWM.
- If you’d like to help Constanza organize the Yule Revel, please contact her. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Baronial Transition Polling Process
- Polls will be mailed to all paid members with mailing addresses within Cuyahoga County. You can update your mailing address at sca.org. A generic poll form will be posted online, for non-resident members or non-members to print and mail in.
- Polls can be returned between 18-Dec and 7-Jan.
- In the new year, the Royal Family will appoint the new Barons Cleftlands, using the feedback in the poll results to guide their decision. However, this is NOT an election. Your feedback about the candidates, both positive and negative, will be considered along with the actual votes.