- Our Rapier and Knight’s Marshals are looking to step down. If you are interested in serving in either position, please submit your information, via the form on the Cleftlands.org website, by Nov 9th.
- We are still looking into alternative for meeting site. If you have a suggestion, please submit it via the Google doc on the Cleftlands Facebook page.
- There will be no meeting on 23-Nov, the day before Thanksgiving.
- Advanced registration for Regular Event is now open. Please see Madelaine at meeting to pre-register for the event, feast, or the fighter box lunches.
- Regular Event staff has a site walk through tomorrow, 3-Nov, at 6:30 pm: meeting at the West entrance near the gym.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Woodworkers Guild does NOT meet this Thursday, due to the site walk through. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.firstname.lastname@example.org for information about future meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild does NOT meet this this Thursday due to conflicting activities. Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- East side archery practice meets this Sunday starting at 2 pm at the home of Gwyneth and Muldonney, 411 Douglas Blvd, Richmond Heights, OH 44143. Donations will be used to replace archery butts, foam, and targets. Loaner equipment is available. • Unofficial Fencing Practice does meet this Sunday. Please contact Cynwrig for details firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All cooks are invited to gather at 2 pm on Sun, 13-Nov, to make gnocchi for the January event at 1643 Richmond Rd in Lyndhurst. Please contact me at email@example.com for more directions or information.
- Needleworkers will be meeting 15-Nov at Madelaine’s home, and then on 29-Nov (not on election day or two days before Thanksgiving). Directions will be posted to Cleftlist and the Cleftlands Facebook page closer to the meeting, or contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This weekend is the Rivenvale Fall Bransle, about an hour and a half away. Feast is already sold out. There will be lots of stations for arts and activities.
- 30-Nov, the next Dessert Revel, is when the next Armored Tourney will be held. Please bring your best armor, tourney style, and your inspiration to compete to carry the Sword of the Cleftlands.
- We are in the transition period. Letters of intent can be submitted to email@example.com until Nov 16. If you are interested in serving, please submit your name.
Baronial Transition Polling Process
- Polls will be mailed to all paid members with mailing addresses within Cuyahoga County. You can update your mailing address at sca.org. A generic poll form will be posted online, for non-resident members or non-members to print and mail in.
- Candidate’s Letters of Intent can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, between 19-Oct and 16-Nov. They will be collected and sent to the Kingdom Transitions Deputy. The letters should include:
- SCA and Legal names
- SCA Titles
- Contact information: address, email, and phone
- Copies of your membership cards
- Copies of an ID card such as for Pennsic.
- Any other information such as your SCA history or your intentions that you think would be useful to the Royalty or Transition Deputy.
- Polls can be returned between 18-Dec and 7-Jan.
- In the new year, the Royal Family will appoint the new Barons Cleftlands, using the feedback in the poll results to guide their decision. However, this is NOT an election. Your feedback about the candidates, both positive and negative, will be considered along with the actual votes. The dates will be at their convenience.