First meeting of the new year, Anno Societatis 51
- A bid for Regular Event has been accepted, but a bid for Standard Bearer’s is still desired.
- Eastwatch is hosting an archery event on 5/2 at Punderson Lake. They are looking for a gatekeeper: please let Muldonney know if you can help out.
- Zsof is the teacher coordinator: please volunteer to teach.
- Dorothea will be taking NOWM pre-reg weekly at meeting: pre-reggistration will make your stay in the line shorter.
- The Event Stewards are looking for many volunteers, including someone to organize Artisan’s Row. Please let Ginevra know if you are interested.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
• Woodworkers Guild will meet Tue or Thursday, 7-10 pm at Meinhard’s home. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.firstname.lastname@example.org for directions or with questions. You can also check the Cleftlands Woodworkers Facebook page.
• Armorer Guild will be meeting at Ealdred’ and Clariel’s home Thursday, 7-10 pm . Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
• Unofficial Fencing Practice meets Sunday. Please contact Cynwrig for details firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please check the Cleftlands Equestrian Guild’s Facebook page to see if they are holding practice this upcoming Sunday.
• Needleworkers will be meeting next Tuesday at Fritha’s home in Cleveland Hts. Directions will be posted to Cleftlist and the Cleftlands Facebook page closer to the meeting, or contact Madelaine at email@example.com
• East side archery practice meets next Tuesday starting at 5:30 at the home of Gwyneth and Muldonney, 411 Douglas Blvd, Richmond Heights, OH 44143. Donations will be used to replace archery butts, foam, and targets. Loaner equipment is available.
• Angharad will be leading a English dance class at meeting next week around 7:30.
- The challenge to find new, not copyrighted, music for the Cleftlands Battle Song ends with the month. Please let Sir Ephraim know if you’ve created or found a tune you’d like considered.
- Many Cleftlanders participated in the A&S Faire this last weekend:
- Zuriel Nightshade entered the Pentathalon and will be going to Crown with her entries.
- Eikbrandr Solgyafi took a first for decorative metalworking.
- Gwenllian Bengrych ferch Rhys took a first in Misc Domestic Arts (and the judges award, if there were one) for her embalmed heart
- Claricia de la Mere took a first in cooking, single dish
- James ap Llewelyn took three first in several areas
- Tarmach ben Yehuda al-Khazari took a second in Playwriting
- Elizabella Marchant took a second in cooking single dish
- Sazia de Sarro took two firsts in glass working
- The Cleftlands Cooks took a first in Cooking, multiple dish
- Angharad ferch Tangwystl took a first in cooking single dish
- Meinhard received the Award of St. Alfred for his work withe Woodworkers Guild.
- Pietro received the Award of the Evergreen originally presented at the A&S Faire.