- Advanced registration for the Regular Event opens at the October Dessert Revel.
- You can also pre-reg for a $5 bag lunch will be delivered to the list field.
- Claricia would appreciate help with January feast in cooking or serving appreciated.
- Armored and Rapier combatants please make sure you complete the form online at the Cleftlands site to be included on the marshals’ Domesday reports and the authorization database.
- Crispin: As A&S ministers, we’re looking for those to teach classes at meetings.
- Auric and Bastian are both stepping down as Knight and Rapier marshals. If you’d like to take on these positions, please apply on the Cleftlands website.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Woodworkers Guild will NOT meet on October 20.
- Armorer’s Guild meets at Ealdred’ and Clariel’s home this Thursday, 7-10 pm . Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice meets this Sunday. Please contact Cynwrig for details firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Needleworkers meets Tuesday (25-Oct) at Dulcia’s home. Directions will be posted to Cleftlist and the Cleftlands Facebook page closer to the meeting, or contact Madelaine at email@example.com.
- East side archery practice meets Tuesday starting at 5:30 at the home of Gwyneth and Muldonney, 411 Douglas Blvd, Richmond Heights, OH 44143. Donations will be used to replace archery butts, foam, and targets. Loaner equipment is available.
- Leatherworker’s Guild has an Open Bench night at Oliver’s at 7 pm on Tuesday. Please contact Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- To avoid Election Day and Thanksgiving week, Needleworker’s will meet 15-Nov and 29-Nov.
- Elizabeth: Our New prince and Princess are visiting three kingdoms in the next month, so they need gift baskets for those royal families. If you have largess gifts to contribute, please give them to Elizabeth at Brendokenfest or next week’s meeting. (Pennsic allies would be neat!)
- Angharad: The next Cook’s Challenge is at the October Dessert Revel, next Wednesday. In honor of the holiday, please bring your subtleties or other dishes.
- We have a new Prince and Princess: William and Isolde.
- At Crown Tourney, two Cleftlanders distinguished themselves. Silverthorn was awarded prize for “Most Dramatic Death.” Ask for a replay – it was good.
- Vigthis the Younger, Wynfang’s squire, received his Award of Arms.
- Brendokenfest is this weekend: they will be choosing Baronial champions, and have many newcomers activities. It’s only about an hour and a half away.
- The end of this month is the Halloween Dessert Revel. Please come with your costume, food, and conviviality.
- Nov 30 is the next Armored Tourney. Anyone authorized in armored combat can join: bringing your inspiration and best kit.
- Polling schedule: Ginevra is now accepting letters of intent related to the choice of the new Barons. She can accept them through 16-Nov.
- We are exploring options for a new meeting site: please submit your suggestions online. A small committee will contact sites to get standard information from each. Sites that meet the basic criteria will be presented to Officers for comment, and then the acceptable sites are brought to the populace. We may not need to change but we’re exploring our options.
Baronial Transition Polling Process
- Polls will be mailed to all paid members with mailing addresses within Cuyahoga County. You can update your mailing address at sca.org. A generic poll form will be posted online, for non-resident members or non-members to print and mail in.
- Candidate’s Letters of Intent can be submitted to email@example.com, between 19-Oct and 16-Nov. They will be collected and sent to the Kingdom Transitions Deputy. The letters should include:
- SCA and Legal names
- SCA Titles
- Contact information: address, email, and phone
- Copies of your membership cards
- Copies of an ID card such as for Pennsic.
- Any other information such as your SCA history or your intentions that you think would be useful to the Royalty or Transition Deputy.
- Polls can be returned between 18-Dec and 7-Jan.
- In the new year, the Royal Family will appoint the new Barons Cleftlands, using the feedback in the poll results to guide their decision. However, this is NOT an election. Your feedback about the candidates, both positive and negative, will be considered along with the actual votes. The dates will be at their convenience.