- Bastian is stepping down as Knights Marshal.
- Auric is stepping down as Rapier Marshal.
- Applications for both positions will be accepted through 11/9, online at the Cleftlands.org website. Please apply soon.
- The Martial Survey for all combatants is accessible through Cleftlands.org. The Marshallate is expecting 100% compliance, as the information will be used to create the database of authorizations.
- Ginevra will be taking over as temporary seneschal until the Baronial transition is completed.
- Due to the holidays, there will be no meetings on 23-Nov, 21-Dec, or 28-Dec. Please plan accordingly.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Woodworkers Guild meets this Thursday, 7-10 pm at Meinhard’s home to begin making crossbows. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.firstname.lastname@example.org for directions or with questions. You can also check the Cleftlands Woodworkers Facebook page.
- Armorer’s Guild will be meeting at Ealdred’ and Clariel’s home this Thursday, 7-10 pm . Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- The Cook’s Guild will meet at Angharad’s home Sunday at 2 pm to do a tour of some east-side groceries, followed by cooking over fire. Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org for information, or check the Cleftlands Cooks Facebook group.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice does NOT meet this Sunday. Please contact Cynwrig for details email@example.com.
- Leatherwork’s Guild will have an Open Bench night at Oliver’s at 7 pm on Tuesday. Please contact Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- East side archery practice meets Tuesday starting at 5:30 at the home of Gwyneth and Muldonney, 411 Douglas Blvd, Richmond Heights, OH 44143. Donations will be used to replace archery butts, foam, and targets. Loaner equipment is available.
- Fall Crown Tourney is this weekend. Two Cleftlanders are competing: Sir Silverthorn for Mistress Chai, and Sir Wynfang for Lady Nessa. It’s a mere 7 hours away.
- Nov. 30 will be the next Armoured Tourney. Bring your spiffiest kit, and your inspiration, to compete.
- We’ll continue to announce steps in the new transition, which is being driven on the Kingdom’s schedule.
- Due to the changes in management at the hall, we’re open to suggestions about possible alternate sites. Please make suggestions online at Cleftlands.org so that site inquiries can be coordinated.
Baronial Transition Polling Process
- Polls will be mailed to all paid members with mailing addresses within Cuyahoga County. You can update your mailing address at sca.org. A generic poll form will be posted online, for non-resident members or non-members to print and mail in.
- Candidate’s Letters of Intent can be submitted to email@example.com, between 19-Oct and 16-Nov. They will be collected and sent to the Kingdom Transitions Deputy. The letters should include:
- SCA and Legal names
- SCA Titles
- Contact information: address, email, and phone
- Copies of your membership cards
- Copies of an ID card such as for Pennsic.
- Any other information such as your SCA history or your intentions that you think would be useful to the Royalty or Transition Deputy.
- Polls can be returned between 18-Dec and 7-Jan.
- In the new year, the Royal Family will appoint the new Barons Cleftlands, using the feedback in the poll results to guide their decision. However, this is NOT an election. Your feedback about the candidates, both positive and negative, will be considered along with the actual votes. The dates will be at their convenience.