- Advanced registration for Regular Event is now open.
- Help is needed in many areas. Dmitri is still looking for a parking coordinator, and people to help prepare the fighting hall for court, and the populace room for feast.
- Help is needed to make the feast kitchen work easy – cooking, clean-up, and serving.
- Crispin: As A&S ministers, we’re looking for those to teach classes at meetings.
- Robert: As Exchequer, we’re coming to year’s end. You may want to look at making an annual tithe, for which Robert can give you a receipt for use with your taxes.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Woodworkers Guild meets this Thursday, 7-10 pm at Meinhard’s home. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.email@example.com for directions or with questions. You can also check the Cleftlands Woodworkers Facebook page.
- Armorer’s Guild meets at Ealdred’ and Clariel’s home this Thursday, 7-10 pm . Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice usually meets on Sundays. Please contact Cynwrig for details email@example.com.
- East side archery practice now meets SUNDAY starting at 2 pm at the home of Gwyneth and Muldonney, 411 Douglas Blvd, Richmond Heights, OH 44143. Donations will be used to replace archery butts, foam, and targets. Loaner equipment is available.
- Leatherwork’s Guild will meet at Oliver’s at 7 pm on Tuesday. Please contact Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Cooks Guild meets next Wednesday to discuss upcoming activities, possible classes, and preparation for the January event. Please contact Angharad at email@example.com if you’ve any questions.
- Scribes Guild meets Nov 7 at Brackenburye Cottage. Please contact Milesent for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To avoid Election Day and Thanksgiving week, Needleworker’s will meet 15-Nov and 29-Nov.
- At Brendokenfest, Vlad won the Rapier Stone Tourney.
- This weekend is Day of Discovery in Columbus, INDIANA. Looks to be a cool event with many classes.
- Nov 30 is the next Armored Tourney. Anyone authorized in armored combat can join: bringing your inspiration and best kit.
- Ginevra is now accepting letters of intent related to the choice of the new Barons. You can submit to her at email@example.com. She can accept them through 16-Nov.
- We are exploring options for a new meeting site: please submit your suggestions online. A small committee will contact sites to get standard information from each. Sites that meet the basic criteria will be presented to Officers for comment, and then the acceptable sites are brought to the populace. We may not need to change but we’re exploring our options.
Baronial Transition Polling Process
- Polls will be mailed to all paid members with mailing addresses within Cuyahoga County. You can update your mailing address at sca.org. A generic poll form will be posted online, for non-resident members or non-members to print and mail in.
- Candidate’s Letters of Intent can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, between 19-Oct and 16-Nov. They will be collected and sent to the Kingdom Transitions Deputy. The letters should include:
- SCA and Legal names
- SCA Titles
- Contact information: address, email, and phone
- Copies of your membership cards
- Copies of an ID card such as for Pennsic.
- Any other information such as your SCA history or your intentions that you think would be useful to the Royalty or Transition Deputy.
- Polls can be returned between 18-Dec and 7-Jan.
- In the new year, the Royal Family will appoint the new Barons Cleftlands, using the feedback in the poll results to guide their decision. However, this is NOT an election. Your feedback about the candidates, both positive and negative, will be considered along with the actual votes. The dates will be at their convenience.