IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- Awards were given at the baronial court held at this meeting. See below for details.
- Nebulae belt favor are available for Cleftlanders attending their first Pennsic. See Barone Pietro and Baronessa Aurelia to get a belt favor.
- Aug. 26: Brendokenfest and Baronial Investiture, in Medina. Class instructors are needed; see Mistress Elizabethe to sign up.
- Pennsic Break: There are no meetings July 26- Aug. 16. Meetings resume Aug. 23.
- Baronial Schedule:
- Baronial Battlefield Tent Raising: Tue., 2-Aug. at 11 a.m.
- Opening Ceremonies: Sat., 5-Aug., muster at 4 p.m. at Midrealm Royal. All are invited to participate, none are required.
- Rapier Company of the Cleftlands: Mon., 7-Aug., gather at 12:30 for a 1 p.m. march out to the Rapier Crossroads battle.
- Archery Company of the Cleftlands: Tue., 8-Aug., gather at 9:30 a.m. for a 10 a.m. march to the Archery range.
- Armored Company of the Cleftlands, including Combat Archers and Siege Engineers: Fri., 11-Aug. Gather at 8:30 a.m. for a 9 a.m. march out to the Armored Field Battle.
- Baronial Battlefield Tent Dismissal: Fri, 11-Aug. after the River Seine battle (approximately 1 p.m.)
- All musters start at the Camp of the Three Bears.
- A&S opportunities: Sign up for the A&S Display and/or the Craftspersons Green at Pennsic. See Mistress Elizabethe for details.
- Storytelling project: This project will make audio recordings of good gentles telling their best Pennsic stories; the tales will be compiled into a book. See Lady Leonne for details.
- History of Pennsic Display: The display will be on view Monday, July 31 and Tuesday, Aug. 1 in the Great Hall.
- Class notes: Bring back class notes to share with others at the first dessert revel after Pennsic.
- Keep Home Fires Burning Hang-outs: These will be held each Wednesday when there is no Cleftlands meeting, 6-8:30 p.m. at the Richmond Heights Library. Light snacks will be provided; bring a craft. Check the baronial Facebook page for details, or see Mistress Thorhalla and Lady Chaiya
See our seneschal Mistress Angharad for details on all Pennsic matters.
During a baronial court held July 12, the following awards were presented:
- Noble Rivkah – Purple Fret
- Master Aiden – Order of St. Clairiel
- Sergeant Tariq – Order of St. Alfred
- Aug. 30: Baronial archery tournament will be held at the meeting site, weather permitting.
- Minister of Arts and Sciences: No classes will be held until after Pennsic.
- Saturday, July 15 — Garb-A-Thon – sewing get-together at the Twinsburg branch of the Library
- Sunday, Oct. 1 at noon, baronial field trip to see the Cleveland Museum of Art “Love Gardens/Forbidden Fruit” exhibit. It features 60 works on paper spanning 1460 to 1600, and assembled entirely from the CMA’s collection.
- See the baronial calendar (http://www.cleftlands.org/calendar/), baronial Facebook page or our MOAS Mistress Elizabethe for details on these activities.
- Needleworkers Guild: One more meeting will be held before Pennsic. See Lady Miriana for details.
- Makers Guild: Event stewards who want the guild to make site tokens should put in their request early. The guild is looking for ideas for the Cleftlands holiday ornament. See Lord Rayner (formerly Lord Macro) for details.
- Armorers Guild: The last meeting before Pennsic is Thursday, July 13. The host requires that participants be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. See Baron Calum for details.
UPCOMING SCA EVENTS
- July 28-Aug. 13: Pennsic
- Aug. 26: Brendokenfest and Baronial Investiture, in Medina.
- Sept. 23: Fall Coronation, Greenfield, OH (between Columbus and Cincinnati)
See a full list of upcoming Midrealm events here: https://midrealm.org/events-calendar/
- Exchequer: Members are asked to donate $2 per meeting, or $100 per year, to cover the cost of the meeting hall rental.
- Quartermaster: The quartermaster must be notified at least two weeks in advance if a member wishes to borrow baronial gear.
- Baronial meetings: Set-up starts at 6:30 p.m. and activities start at 7 p.m. A brief business meeting is held about 9 p.m.