NOTE: At this time, Middle Kingdom SCA-related activities are cancelled or postponed until July 1. This meeting was held virtually via Zoom and streamed to YouTube. If you would like to view the YouTube stream, click here!
Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
- A new missive has come from the Crown that upcoming gatherings resuming after July 1 must be limited to 10 people or fewer.
- To that end, we have decided that it does not make sense to go forward with regular business meetings at this time.
- Any gatherings that occur need to follow the guidelines put forth by the Kingdom, and cannot include any martial or ranged activities. Please see additional information regarding the guidelines in the Seneschal’s notes.
- Based on an idea put forth on the East Kingdom page We are looking for people who are already researching, or are interested in starting research to create or share virtual classes in areas such as:1. Women in history
2. Women in European history
3. Diversity of cultures that traveled to Europe
4. People of color in history
5. People of color in European history
6. South American/African/Asian/Native American cultures pre-17th century
7. LGBTQIA people in history
8. LGBTQIA people in European history
9. People with disabilities in history
10. People with disabilities in European history
Or, if you have a topic on historical diversity, let us know what you want to talk about! We’re open to suggestions.
- Please reach out to us with any questions, concerns, or if you would like to teach a class.
- Any meetings need to follow the Kingdom’s required precautions (including the 10 person limit), may not contain any martial or ranged activities, and must use the required sign-in sheets. Sign-in sheets must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of the event for contact tracing if needed (hopefully not!). We hope that people will meet!!
- It is up to the person hosting how they want to limit the gathering. Each household contains a different amount of people who live in it, so the additional numbers will vary depending on who is home.
- Here are the required forms to have an official gathering for guilds or other allowed SCA activities:
Required precautions (please post at any gatherings): https://library.midrealm.org/mdocs-posts/guide-meetings-required-precautions/
Required attendance form: https://library.midrealm.org/mdocs-posts/form-meeting-attendance-form/
- Please welcome the Lord Rojhon the Wanderer as our new Minister of Youth. He will be stepping up on July 15. We thank Lady Zofia for her years of service!
- The Kingdom Seneschal has posted a missive on doxxing, which has been shared to the Kingdom page and the Baronial group. Doxxing is sharing or making public someone’s personal information, especially their physical address, without their permission. While we have access to the personal information of our members, we ask that no one share this information without permission. Inquiries from law enforcement should of course be handled appropriately.
- Please reach out with any questions!
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Some guilds are hosting virtual online activities; please contact the person in charge for details or see the Cleftlands Facebook group for more information. Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
As always, please use the new online A&S Activities Tracker on the Midrealm Services Portal to note what you’ve been up to.
- Armorers Guild: This Thursday, there will be a virtual meeting. Contact Sir Calum via email.
- Archery Guild: Contact Lady Gwyneth on Facebook.
- Leatherworkers’ Guild: Contact Master Oliver via email or on Facebook.
- Anti-Social Guild: Contact Baron Stephan Von Lübeck via email or on Facebook.
- Needleworkers’ Guild: Next Tuesday, Lady Miriana will host a virtual Needleworker’s guild. Contact Lady Miriana via email.
- Dance Guild — Contact Baroness Angharad via email.
- Cooks Guild: Contact Baroness Angharad via email.
- Scribes Guild. Contact Master Milesent via email.
- Unofficial Potters’ Guild: Contact Mistress Aurelia via the Facebook group.
- Demo coordinator, Karl
- Demos are cancelled until the SCA resumes activities.
- Pursuivant, Njall
- Enter your name and information on the services portal, and mark Cleftlands as your home group. Being on the services portal makes it easy to submit your friends for awards and find other SCAdians. See Njall for details.
- Rapier Marshall, Lupa
- For safety’s sake, please check the condition of your blades.
- Armored Combat Marshall, Constanza
- Because of the new law stating that combatants no longer need to be SCA members, all armored and rapier fighters and archers need to file new waiver forms with the marshallate. You can check the Midrealm authorization database to check on your status.
- Chronicler, Jolicia
- A&S Minister, Angharad
- There are two June A&S Challenges which have been EXTENDED until the end of the month, so you still have time! The Cooks’ Challenge is Cooking over Fire. See the usual channels for details. The second challenge is Heraldry in any Medium. Please, create anything heraldic this month, or research and submit your own device.
- The challenge for July will be starting your Pennsic 49 project. This is the month we always start a project for Pennsic at the last minute, and in honor of that tradition, we ask you to share your projects with us. You don’t have to finish them, after all, you’ve got another year to procrastinate!
- RUM classes are ongoing, and there are many, many other classes and events being made available virtually, from all over our kingdom, and the Knowne World. Check the RUM and the baronial Facebook pages for details.
- Exchequer, Robert:
- Chatelaine, Shahzada
- Iron Key, Karl
- .Youth Minister, Zofia
- Will be stepping down on July 15 after training Lord Rojhon.
- Lady Claricia is editing a weekly Cleftlands newsletter. Past editions can be found on the website. Stories and suggestions are welcome.
All SCA events have been cancelled or postponed through July 1.