Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
- Thanks to Llewellyn and Julianne as Event Stewards for Bardic Madness, and to Angharad as Feast Steward.
- At the Grand Day of Tournaments in Cynnabar, our own Valdemar won the Novice Tourney.
- 20-Nov is the Annual Cleftlands Rapier Tourney. The Rules for consorts and the tourney format will be forthcoming.
- No meeting on 27-Nov, the Wednesday immediately before Thanksgiving.
- Cleftlands has a wiki that includes information about members of the Barony – please update your information at http://www.cleftlands.org/cleftlands-wiki/populace-update/ or use the Wiki to research your friends.
- Tiffany Exhibit at the Cleveland Museum of Art. There’s a talk on Friday at the museum about the exhibit. Please contact Runa if you hae questions.
- Rayner is looking to start a ‘Maker’s Guild’ here in Cleftlands. He’s primarily working out of the Lorain CC Fab Lab, but there are othe rmaker spaces available. This is still a new idea, so contact him on Facebook as Josh McDonald to share your interests.
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings. Please use the new online A&S Activities Tracker on the Midrealm Services Portal to note what you’ve been up to.
- Armorer’s Guild meets Thursday’s at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home. Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Archery Guild usually meets Sundays at 2 pm, weather permitting, at Gwyneth and Muldonney’s home. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details or contact Gwyneth.
- Orsina is hosting a Bardic Tea this Sunday at 2 pm. Please check with her on Facebook, as Diana Siucu, for directions and details.
- Leatherworks Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Lubeck hosts his Anti-Social (Brewing and every thing else) Meeting 7-10 most Tuesdays. If you’re interested, please contact him as Steve Kerg on Facebook to confirm the meeting. Next spring, Lubeck will host a practice for the Pennsic Champions Teams – please contact him for information.
- Needleworkers Guild normally meets 2 and 4th Tuesdays. They meet next on 12-Nov at Madelaine’s home. Directions will be posted online, or contact Miriana at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and directions.
- Dance Guild will lead dances next week (13-Nov) and at the November Dessert Revel.
- Scribes Guild meets next on 2-Dec at 7 pm at Brackenburye Cottage. Please contact Melisent at Grace@case.edu with any questions.
- Cook’s Guild meets first Wednesdays at meeting. Cook’s Gulid will have an outing to Lehman’s Hardware and the Ashery on 23-Nov, and will be making pasta at Baronial meeting on 11-Dec. Contact Angharad at BaronessAngharad@gmail.com if you have questions.
- Pursuivant, Njall
- The Midrealm Services portal, when you create a a login, let’s you complete a profile with your personal information including your home group. An advantage of being registered is that it makes it much easier for people submit award recommendations, so be kind to your friends. Cleftlands is up to 41 members, so clearly a lot of us still haven’t completed our profile. You can reach the Midrealm Services portal at https://a12c.enciva.com/apex/f?p=331:1:30971696823384:::::&tz=-4:00update your identity as the Midrealm Services portal.
- The first meeting of the month he hosts heraldic consultations about submitting an SCA name or arms. Please let him know if you are interested.
- Chronicler, Angharad
- Please provide your information for the long delayed Cleftlands Contact List. Forms can be had at meeting, or they are available on the Baronial Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/cleftlands/files/.
- A&S Minister, Angharad
- Next week, Master Milesent is teaching a class on A&S Documentation at 7:30. Please check out the even ton the Facebook page or the Cleftlands website.
- The next tournament of the Art’s will be held on 11-Jan, but registration needs to be done by 15-Dec. You can register at https://tinyurl.com/y45qtff7
- Demo Coordinator, Carl
- Maker’s Faire demo had about a dozen SCAdians attend. Combat was done outside. It was a great day.
- November Dessert Revel: Rapier Tourney
- There will be wagering again this time. Please wager food donations or other donations for a homeless shelter. You can only bet on three square, but please bring as much as you’d like to donate.
- December Dessert Revel: Yule Celebration.
- Regular Event, 29-Feb (Leap Year Day) :
- Jacqueline is Event Steward with Clariscia as her Deputy Steward. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact them. The event theme is a “A Perfect Pairing.”
- Looking for volunteers for many things including classes, Youth Coordinator and other areas.
- Katerin is recruiting teachers for the event. Please let her know.
- Northern Oaken War Manuevers (NOWM) AS 54/2021
- Gianna has been Event Steward for the last seven years. If you are interested in shadowing her and learning to take on the role at “the event that runs itself” please let her know, as it’s not too early to get started on planning.
- Regular Event, AS 55/2021
- The site we are using (the Byzantine Cathedral in Parma) will not be available after 2020. It is NOT too soon to begin looking for a 2021 site and planning the bid.
- Standard Bearers, AS 55/2021
- Why wait to start planning?