- March Dessert Revel, 27-Mar, is Roman themed. Wear Roman garb or jewelry, bring Roman foods, or just come and enjoy the early period.
- 24-Mar is the Brendoken Baronial Investiture and Tournament of Defense. For more info, see https://brendoken.midrealm.org/brendoken-baronial-investiture/
- North Oaken Regional A&S Faire: 13-Apr, here in the Cleftlands.
- April Dessert Revel, 24-Apr, will be the Baronial Armored Tourney
- North Oaken War Maneuvers. 1 to 3-Jun.
- It’s never too early to volunteer – Let Gianna know if you’d like to help out, as many positions need filled.
- Pre-registration will open after tax season so prepare to pre-reg at our 17-Apr meeting.
- Chatelaine, Mirirana
- Miriana is stepping down as Chatelaine soon. If you are interested in the position, please talk to her about it, or apply online at http://www.cleftlands.org/officer-application/
- A&S Minister, Runa:
- Next week Aiden will be teaching a class on Roman Desserts
- Classes! Please tell Runa if you’d like to teach, or provide suggestions about what you’d like to learn. She has an open date at the first meeting in April.
- Pursuvant, Njall:
- The next heraldic consulting session will be at meeting on 3-Apr. Please drop by if you are interested in registering a name or arms, learning more about heraldry in general, or in becoming a herald.
- Youth Armored Combat Marshal, Bastian:
- Please contact Bastian if you are an armored combatant interested in being authorized as youth sparring partners.
- Jacqueline is sponsoring a ’50 Largesee Items for Midrealm 50-Year’ challenge. She’ll collect and present the items of largesse at the 50-year celebration as a gift of the Cleftlands. Please have your items to her by 15-May: she’ll arrange to get them there and presented.
- Gwyntarian Archery Guild’s next practice is Sat 9-Mar at 2 pm. Information is shared on Facebook by Sally Burnell.
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild will meet at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Lubeck is hosting his Brewing club on Thursdays: currently working on glass beads this Thursday. If you’re interested in joining in, please contact him as Steve Kerg on Facebook.
- Orsina is hosting a Bardic Tea at her place on Sat, 9-Mar at 4 pm. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details.
- Archery Guild will probably not meet Sunday due to the weather. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details, or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers Guild meets 2nd and 4th Tuesdays. They will meet 12-Mar at Jolicia’s home. Directions will be posted online, or contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org for detail for details and directions.
- Scribes Guild meets first Mondays, next on 1-Apr, at 7 pm at Brackenburye Cottage, Please contact Melisent at Grace@case.edu with any questions.
- Cook’s Guild meets first Wednesdays at meeting, next on 3-Apr. In April, meeting will be a taste testing and discussion. Contact Angharad at BaronessAngharad@gmail.com if you have a questions.