- March Dessert Revel, 27-Mar, is a Roman Revel. Wear Roman garb or jewelry, bring Roman foods, or just come and enjoy the early period.
- 24-Mar is the Brendoken Baronial Investiture and Tournament of Defense. For more info, see https://brendoken.midrealm.org/brendoken-baronial-investiture. For those wishing to participate in the ToD tournements, please register online at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfD6Ax2inoB0hSxR_wD3CmnKM9A4HklOLpsS9o28ZmDq-X7uw/viewform
- Barony Marche Debatable Lands is hosting a regional archery muster on 7-Apr. Please see details at https://www.facebook.com/events/Art/bmdl-regional-archery-muster-potluck/400562817179528/
- North Oaken Regional A&S Faire: 13-Apr, here in the Cleftlands. The deadline to register entries is 6-Apr. Entrant and judge registration can be done at http://ans.midrealm.org/faire/user/index
- April Dessert Revel, 24-Apr, will be the Baronial Armored Tourney. Details of the tourney format will be posted later.
- North Oaken War Maneuvers. 1 to 3-Jun.
- It’s never too early to volunteer – Let Gianna know if you’d like to help out, as many positions, especially in the marshallate, need filled. She’s also looking for anyone interesting in shadowing her as event steward to learn how it all works.
- Pre-registration will open after tax season so prepare to pre-reg at our 17-Apr meeting.
- Chatelaine, Mirirana
- Miriana is stepping down as Chatelaine soon. If you are interested in the position, please talk to her about it, or apply online at http://www.cleftlands.org/officer-application/ through 22-Mar (next meeting)
- A&S Minister, Runa:
- Next week, Serena will be teaching about silk dying.
- Classes! Please tell Runa if you’d like to teach, or provide suggestions about what you’d like to learn. She has an open date at the first meeting in April, and later in the spring. Currently, April classes include embroidery and Coptic book binding.
- Jacqueline is sponsoring a ’50 Largesee Items for Midrealm 50-Year’ challenge. She’ll collect and present the items of largesse at the 50-year celebration as a gift of the Cleftlands. Please have your items to her by 15-May: she’ll arrange to get them there and presented.
- Katerin is hosting a A&S Challenge: develop and teach a class on ‘A Day in the Life of…’ your persona.
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild will meet at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Lubeck is NOT hosting his Anti-Social (Brewing) club this Thursday. They are currently working on glass beads and taxidermy. If you’re interested in joining in, please contact him as Steve Kerg on Facebook.
- Archery Guild will not meet this Sunday, 24 or 31-Mar. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details, or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers Guild meets 2nd and 4th Tuesdays. They will meet 26-Mar at Madelain’s home, which gives you enough time to make a Roman outfit for the Dessert Revel. Directions will be posted online, or contact Madelaine at email@example.com for detail for details and directions.
- Scribes Guild meets first Mondays, next on 1-Apr, at 7 pm at Brackenburye Cottage, Please contact Melisent at Grace@case.edu with any questions.
- Cook’s Guild meets first Wednesdays at meeting, next on 3-Apr. In April, meeting will be a taste testing and discussion. Contact Angharad at BaronessAngharad@gmail.com if you have a questions.