- Happy Valentine’s Day
- Gaming Revel: 28-Feb
- This upcoming Dessert Revel will be a Gaming Revel. Please bring your medieval games and activities to share and teach. The Siege Cookery challenge, a dance class by Eve, and a buckle-making class by Eikbrandr and Torstein will round out the festivities.
- Shillelagh and Shenanigans: 17-Mar
- Eastwatch is hosting Shillelagh and Shenanigans: an event of tourneys and other activities. New this year are the novice tourneys, and the novice A&S tourney. Check out the event info at https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203919897314939&set=gm.1968715763391988&type=3. While feast is pre-reg only, there is no site fee: donations of non-perishable items for the site’s food pantry are requested.
- NOWM: 8 to 10-Jun
- It is no longer too early to talk about NOWM. Currently, Ginevra as Event Steward is looking for volunteers to serve in positions including Class Coordinator, Artisan’s Row Coordinator, Marshals for rapier and other combat, and, as always, volunteers to help with parking. Please contact her if you would like to help out.
- A&S Minister, Runa: There are several upcoming classes scheduled. You can find the class listings on the Cleftlands website or on Facebook’s event calendar:
- 21-Feb: Limb Book Binding, James Barkley
- 28-Feb: Dances from the East, Eve; Making Simple Buckles, Eik and Torstenn
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild meets at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Woodworker’s Guild meets Thursdays, 7-10 pm at Meinhard’s home. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.email@example.com for directions or with questions. You can also check the Cleftlands Woodworkers Facebook page. He’s looking for requests for upcoming projects.
- Archery Guild normally meets Sunday, but is on hiatus due to weather. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details.If you are interested in an arrow repair lesson and worktime, please contact Gwyneth who can help you order supplies before the work party.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice meets on Sunday. You can contact Cynwrig for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm . Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Cook’s Guild will host the Siege Cookery challenge at the 28-Feb Dessert Revel. Please contact Angharad if you’ve like to pick up a bundle of ingredients to work with on 21-Feb.
- Needleworkers meets 27-Feb at Madelaine’s home, specifically to bring out old fabric to find new ideas for it. Details will be posted online, or you can contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Guild will be hosting a Fabric swap at meeting on 14-Mar, for the fabric you have no ideas for.
- 17-Feb, Aethelmearc is hosting Aedult Swim; a massive fighter practice, this year with A&S. You can find more information at http://aethelmearc.org/event/aedult-swim/.
- Many Cleftlanders, including many knights and others, attended Val Day, despite the long distance. Congratulations.
- 17-Feb will be Masque of Courtly Love in Brendoken, which is always a great event to consider attending.