Baron and Baroness
- Standard Bearer’s will be 22-Sep.
- If you’d like to participate in the Armored or Rapier tourneys, please make sure you notify the list and the Baron and Baroness when you arrive that you are in that tourney. During the tourney, they will take combatants aside for a quick interview.
- If you are participating in the A&S Competition, please bring a piece made in the last year, and notify the Baron and Baroness you are competing. Documentation is desired, but not required. There will also be spaces to put items on display beyond the competition.
- Archery championships were held on Mon. Results will be announced at Standard Bearers.
- Other upcoming events include:
- 26-Sep: Open House at business meeting.
- 29-Sep: Coronation, only 3 hours away in MI. Details at http://www.wealdlake.org/coronation/
- 6-Oct: Demo for Solon Center for the Arts
- 21-Oct: Crown Tourney
- 31-Oct: All Saint’s Revel with ‘Saints as Superheros’ costume competition.
- Sat, 6-Oct afternoon will be a demo for the Solon Center for the Arts. They are looking for various artisans: no martial activities. Please let Eve know if you think you can attend.
- Sat, 3-Nov will be a demo at the Mini Maker’s Fair at the Cleveland Public Library downtown. More details to come.
- Standard Bearer’s, 22-Sep
- Miriana is looking for donations of baked and other goods for the Breakfast Bar.
- Set-up starts at 8 am until 9:30 when the event officially begins. If you can help set up, please arrive early.
- Claricia is organizing feast and would be glad of assistance in the kitchen before and afterwards, and is looking for servers.
- A&S Minister, Runa: Classes! Please tell Runa if you’d like to teach, or provide suggestions about what you’d like to learn.
- 3-Oct: Possaments by Lady Martiza
- 10-Oct: You’ve Registered your Arms, Know What? by Dmitri
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild does not meet at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home on 20-Sep due to travel. Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice does meet this Sunday. You can contact Cynwrig for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Archery Guild meets 24-Sep at the home of Muldonney and Gwyneth. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details, or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers Guilds usually meets 2nd and 4th Tuesdays,around 7 pm. Details will be posted online, or you can contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gregorian Chant Choir will meet Wednesday at 7 pm at Baronial meetings. If interested, or even curious, please contact Meridian at email@example.com: no experience in chant or rehearsal is required.
- Scribes Guild meets first Mondays at 7 pm at Brackenburye Cottage. Please contact Milesent at Grace@Case.Edu with any questions.
- Njall will be posting details of his new Armored League competition this fall.