- Next week, Cadfan will bring the Baronial Lost & Found. Currently, it is all catalogued in the photo album on the Baronial Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10155588700422013&type=3). Please come and take your things home: he’s running out of room.
- He will also be bringing the remaining Baronial trim, which is for sale for $2/yd. Purchase some before it’s gone, then make cool things.
- The Barony is now accepting Bids for the Regular Event in January of next year. If you have any questions, please contact Cadfan about the forms, or to discuss the requirements. Be aware St. Johns, which we’ve used for the past couple of years is now for sale: the site liaison says he won’t know if it will still be available in January until after July this year.
- Gaming Revel: 28-Feb
- This upcoming Dessert Revel will be a Gaming Revel. Please bring your medieval games and activities to share and teach. Many are already planned. The Siege Cookery challenge, a dance class by Eve, and a buckle-making class by Eikbrandr and Torstein will round out the festivities.
- Shillelagh and Shenanigans: 17-Mar
- Eastwatch is hosting Shillelagh and Shenanigans: an event of tourneys and other activities. New this year are the novice tourneys, and the novice A&S tourney. Check out the event info at https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203919897314939&set=gm.1968715763391988&type=3. While feast is pre-reg only, there is no site fee: donations of non-perishable items for the site’s food pantry are requested.
- NOWM: 8 to 10-Jun
- Ginevra, Event Steward, is looking for volunteers to serve in positions including Class Coordinator, Artisan’s Row Coordinator, Marshals for rapier and Armored Combat for both the Friday Torch Light Tourneys, and, as always, volunteers to help with parking. She’s also looking for anyone interested in serving as a shadow or deputy steward to learn more about the event and possible consider stepping up to help organize it. She’s been on staff for 10 years: it’s time for some new blood to learn the parts. Please contact her if you would like to help out.
- Exchequer, Bob: Regular event was our largest ever at 447 people attending. We earned just under $2,500 with this event, including approximately $100 from the Lunch Tavern, and $200 from Breakfast. The PayPal payment is still outstanding.
- A&S Minister, Runa: If you’re interested in teaching, or requesting a class, act soon. Currently March is fully booked with classes, April is filling in, and there’s already one scheduled for May. You can find the upcoming class listings on the Cleftlands website or on Facebook’s event calendar:
- 28-Feb: Dances from the East, Eve; Making Simple Buckles, Eik and Torstenn
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild meets at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Archery Guild normally meets Sunday, but is weather dependent. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details.If you are interested in an arrow repair lesson and worktime, please contact Gwyneth who can help you order supplies before the work party.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice meets on Sunday. You can contact Cynwrig for details at email@example.com.
- Needleworkers meets 27-Feb at Madelaine’s home, specifically to bring out old fabric to find new ideas for it. Details will be posted online, or you can contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Guild will be hosting a Fabric swap at meeting on 14-Mar, for the fabric you have no ideas for.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm . Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Cook’s Guild will host the Siege Cookery challenge at the 28-Feb Dessert Revel.
- Woodworker’s Guild will meet Thursday, 1-Mar, from 7-10 pm at Meinhard’s home. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.firstname.lastname@example.org for directions or with questions. You can also check the Cleftlands Woodworkers Facebook page. He’s looking for requests for upcoming projects.
- Scribe’s Guild will meet Monday, 5-Mar at Brackenburye Cottage; the theme this month is: neglected projects. For more information contact Melisent at email@example.com or check the baronial Facebook page.
Ginevera is organizing a party to go to Terpsichore at the Tower, a event for dancing of all types held in Michigan (Barony of Cynnabar) on 21-April. This is a great opportunity to get a chance to dance, as you often can’t at meetings due to the overlap with fighting or other activities. If you’re interested in the event, you can check it out here (https://cynnabar.org/terpsichore/). If you’re interested in coordinating the trip, please contact Ginevra.
The March Dessert Revel (28-Mar) will be a mini Cleftlands A&S Craftsperson’s Faire. Please bring your ‘arting’ and share it with others. In addition, Runa has scheduled classes on Judging A&S; Documentation for A&S, and Staging your A&S Entry. This would be an excellent time to take your regional entry and brush it up before Kingdom.
The Barony is looking for those interested in stepping up as Armored Youth marshals. Bastian and Farthegn can help you with the process.
The Barony is also looking for people interested learning to work as event staff. We hold two large events every year, and expanding the pool of people who know how they work will make it possible to keep holding these events in the future.
If you are interested in making annual tithe towards our meeting site, please contribute $45: a dollar for every meeting we hold. Currently, the tithes do not quite cover the cost of renting the site.