- No meetings on 25-Jul, 1-Aug, 8-Aug, or 15-Aug. Enjoy Pennsic.
- A bid for January event has been accepted. it will be 19-Jan-2019. If you’d like to volunteer or suggest anything, please contact Angharad at BaronessAngharad@gmail.com.
- Demo on Thu, 6-Sep at 7 pm at the Mayfield Community Center for the East Cuyahoga County Genealogical Society. Eve is looking for fighers, fencers, dancers, and artisans.
- Battlefield Hospitality is looking for volunteers to help keep our Battle Unit fighters well and hydrated. If you’re interested in helping out, please volunteer to Angharad or Dorothea.
- The royalty needs volunteers for retainers and guards at Pennsic. Please sign up at https://trm.midrealm.org/schedule/pennsic/.
- Muldonney is the Target Archery General for Pennsic this year. Please come and shoot the populace point, even if your bow is dusty, as every point counts. Archery Champion Team tryouts are Sat, Sun, and Mon (3, 4, 5-Aug) at 5:30 pm. Cleftlands has been a significant portion of the team for the last few years – keep up the tradition.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild meets at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice will meet Sunday around 7 pm. You can contact Cynwrig for details at firstname.lastname@example.org..
- Archery Guild meet the next two Mondays (16-Jul, and 23-Jul) around 5:30 pm, but then will be off for Pennsic. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details, or contact Gwyneth.
- Needleworkers Guilds meets 2nd and 4th Tuesdays,around 7 pm. They will not meet again until after Pennsic Details will be posted online, or you can contact Madelaine at email@example.com.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Gregorian Chant Choir is being led by Meridian at Baronial meetings. Please contact her if email@example.com: no experience in chant or rehearsal is required.
- Scribes Guild meets 7 pm on first Mondays at Brackenburye Cottage, but not in August. Please contact Melisent at Grace@Case.Edu with any questions.
- Woodworker’s Guild is on indefinite hiatus due to life conflicts. For help contact Meinhard at Meinhard.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baron and Baroness
- Baronial tent will be raised at 10 on Wed, 1-Aug (Peace Week). Please come and help.
- Gianna and Crispin are looking to make a display at the Procession to Opening Ceremonies. Please let them know if you can come carry a banner. Please wear blue and white, or red and white.
- Populace Archery muster will be Sun, 5-Aug at 9 am. Meet at Camp of the Three Bears in Block N17, then march to the Castle for a team photo, and to the bus stop to take the bus to the Archery Range.
- Armored and Rapier combatants Muster will be at 8:15 on Fri, 10Aug at Camp of the Three Bears in Block N17, after which the whole array of us will march together to the Battlefield for the combined Rapier/Armored Battle, the last battle of the war. Photo shoot will be held, at the Baronial Tent, after the battle, and before the tent is dropped.