- NOWM: 8 to 10-Jun
- Ginevra, Event Steward, is looking for volunteers, and those who would like to learn more about how the event is organized. Please contact her if you would like to help out.
- Dorothea is organizing gate: if you have time to spare, please volunteer with her. Parking help is also needed.
- Alessandro will be handling the Breakfast Tavern this year and could use assistance.
- Since NOWM is opposite the Known World Herald’s Symposium, there will be a great need for field and camp heralds.
- It’s only a few weeks away – make your award recommendations soon to make court interesting.
- Terpsichore at the Tower is a notable dance vent, being held 22-Apr. Ginevra is organizing a carpool for those interested in attending.
- Blackstone Raids, the weekend of 26-Apr, is the first major melee event of the season.
- Chatelaine, Miriana: As she’s hit her year-anniversary, Miriana is looking to take a deputy (or a few) to begin learning about the Chatelaine’s role. Pleae contact her if you’re interested.
- A&S Minister, Runa: We have classes scheduled for meetings through June. There will be no classes scheduled during July and August. You can find the upcoming class listings on the Cleftlands website or on Facebook’s event calendar:
- Next week’s class is on embroidery using the Bayeux Stitch, by Zuriel. Please bring a hoop if you have one.
- Pursuivant, Ginevra: Next week there will be a heraldry roundtable at meeting for those interested in learning more about heraldic activities.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild meets at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Woodworker’s Guild will not meet this Thursday. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.email@example.com for directions or with questions. You can also check the Cleftlands Woodworkers Facebook page.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice meets on Sunday around 7 pm. You can contact Cynwrig for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Archery Guild will meet on MONDAYs starting around 5:30 pm, but is still weather dependent. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details.or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm . Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers will meet next on 24-Apr at Madelaines. Details will be posted online, or you can contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meridian is organizing a group interested in learning Gregorian chant: plans are still in progress. Those of any age or skill level are welcome.
- On 18-Apr, Ginevra will be hosting a Heraldry Roundtable for those interested in learning more about heraldry or increasing their involvement.
Sirius will be hosting a 6-foot spear tournament on 18-Apr with cool prizes. Please come and participate.
Baron and Baroness
- At It Takes my Child to Raze a Village is this weekend, two Cleftlanders received awards.
- Yang Fu-Da – Award of Arms
- Yang Bing-Yi – Award of the Baton
We’re aiming to move combat outside in mid-May: weather permitting.
The Baron and Baroness will sponsor the annual Armored Tourney on 25-Apr Dessert Revel; starting at 8 pm. There will be betting again, with several prizes.