- Baronial Yard Sale and Swap will next week, 30-May, at the May Dessert Revel. There will be fighting, as we ramp up for Pennsic.
- The 200th St Stroll, a Euclid street fair demo will be Sat, 2-Jun, 10 to 2. Eve is organizing and needs fighters, dancers, and, most importantly, talkers. A Facebook event is up, with details being posted as they become known
- NOWM: 8 to 10-Jun.
- Site Clean-up, Part 2 will be this Saturday, starting at 10 am. Please come to help prepare the site for the event, especially if you can bring a chainsaw. Remember, many hands make light work.
- Help is needed to support, especially Royalty Room guards. Katalena will also be accepting donations for the royalty baskets, even at NOWM. Also, donations are needed for the Royalty Lunch. You can check their preferences at https://trm.midrealm.org/trm-profiles/.
- Alessandro is organizing the Breakfast Tavern and could use help, including baked goods and volunteers.
- Gianna is hosting the traditional Baroness’ Bocce Ball Tournament on Saturday.
- A&S Minister, Runa: We have classes scheduled for meetings through June. There will be no classes during July and August. You can find the upcoming class listings on the Cleftlands website or on Facebook’s event calendar:
- 30-May: Making Traveling Games, by Gianna
- Rapier Marshall, Velvet. If you are a crossover, or irregular fencer, planning to fight at Pennsic, please check with Velvet. He’d like to do some additional checks of your gear, and discuss some dangers related to concussion with you.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild meets at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice meets on Sunday around 7 pm, even though it’s a holiday weekend. You can contact Cynwrig for details at email@example.com..
- Equestrian Practice at Half Oaks Farm normally meets on Sundays, depending on weather. If you have questions, please contact Tina Layne or James Layne on Facebook.
- Archery Guild will not meet this Monday due to the holiday, but normally meets Mondays starting around 5:30 pm. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details, or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm . Please contact Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers will meet next Tue, 29-May at Miriana’s home. They normally meet second and fourth Tuesdays. Details will be posted online, or you can contact Madelaine at email@example.com.
- Gregorian Chant Choir is being led by Meridian at Baronial meetings. Please contact her if firstname.lastname@example.org . No experience in chant or rehearsal is required. She’s preparing the group for a performance at NOWM.
- Dance Guild will meet 7 pm on 31-May at the backroom at Forest City Brewery, 2135 Columbus Rd, Cleveland, OH 44113.
- Scribes Guild meets 7 pm, 4-June, and most first Mondays at Brackenburye Cottage. Please contact Melisent at Grace@case.edu with any questions.
- Cook’s Guild will be holding a ‘Cooking over Fire’ get together on Sun, 24-Jun: details to follow. Please check the Cleftlands Cooks Facebook page for details.
- Woodworker’s Guild is on indefinite hiatus due to life conflicts. If you’d like help with a project, please contact Meinhard directly at Meinhard.email@example.com for directions or with questions.
- Sirius is is hosting a 2-man melee tournament on 13-June, the first meeting after NOWM, again with hand-made prizes. One knight per team.
- The Cook’s Challenge for the 30-May Dessert Revel has a theme of Pasties, Pies, and Foods in Dough. Please bring enough to share!
- Rollo is looking for lengths of rattan sufficient for a sword, and a nine-foot spear. Please let him know if you have some to sell.
Baron and Baroness
- This upcoming weekend is Crown Tourney, a fascinating event to attend. If you can’t make Crown, please consider helping out at the NOWM site cleanup.