- The Baronial Trim is in, and being sold for $2/yard. About half of the order has been sold. Please see Cadfan to purchase.
- A challenge of self-improvement has been issued to the archers of the Kingdom to improve their individual Royal Round score by 33% from March 1 to November 30. See Cadfan for more details.
- Regular Event: 27-Jan
- Set Up is Friday from 6:00 – 9:00. There will be pizza!
- Elizabethe is organizing the Baronial History Display and is still looking for display items. They don’t have to be from the 70s – items from even 5 years ago would be great.
- Miriana has received a large number of donated feast gear which will be raffled off to newcomers. Thank you to everyone who contributed.
- Ginevra will be hosting an open dance from 1-3 PM. Requests will be honored.
- Gianna is serving as Royalty Liaison. We’re expecting the entire Midrealm and Aethelmearc royal families, so we’ll need retainers, royalty room guards.
- There will be merchants. Bring money!
- Don’t forget about the Largesse Challenge: 40 items to present to royalty for use as largesse.
- Baked goods for the Breakfast Bar will be gratefully appreciated.
- Give Event receipts to Robert and he will be able to write you a check at the event.
- If anyone does not have a ransom for the Ransom Tourney, see Rayner. He can hook you up.
- Assistance in the Kitchen is appreciated! Please see Angharad if you can spare a little time.
- Rapier Marshal, Velvet: At Festival of Maidens, over $650 was raised for the Pennsic Rapier Scholarship Fund.
- Knights Marshal, Thorin: Ensure your information is current by checking on the MidRealm Authorization website. Regular Event is a great opportunity for MITs to acquire signatures.
- A&S Minister, Runa: There are several upcoming classes scheduled. You can find the class listings on the Cleftlands website or on Facebook’s event calendar:
- January 31 – How to Fit an Armscye, Madelaine
- February 7 – Wire Temple Rings Part II, Elizabeth
- February 28 – Dancing, Eve
- TBD – Making Buckles
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild meets at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Woodworker’s Guild will be on hiatus until after the Regular Event, as holiday projects have filled the workshop.
- Archery Guild normally meets Sunday, but is on hiatus due to weather. P’lease check the Baronial Facebook page for details.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice meets on Sunday. You can contact Cynwrig for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm . Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers meets second and fourth Tuesdays, at 7 pm, at various locations. Details will be posted online, or you can contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cook’s Guild will host the Siege Cookery challenge at the 28-Feb Dessert Revel. Please contact Angharad if you’ve like a bundle of ingredients to work with.
- The January 31 Dessert is a “Recovery from Regular Event” event dubbed the “Just Relax Revel”. Wear your garb, and come enjoy yourself.
- Thank you to everyone for doing your part in creating what will be a wonderful event on Saturday. Stay for Court: it will be full and many friends may receive awards. Come and congratulate, or counsel Katalena Ivaniaia Zhena Shishova as she sits her vigil before being elevated to the Order of the Pelican at evening court.