«

»

Meeting Minutes: 7-Jun-52

  • NOWM is this weekend!
    • NOWM Clean-Up Day was 20-May. During the cleanup, we discovered ticks in the deep grass. Please come to NOWM prepared to check your friends and acquaintances to remove ticks as necessary. If removed quickly, there is very little chance of disease.
    • The autocrats are still looking for volunteers to help with retaining for the royalty and royal room guards. If you are interested, please sign up through the link on the event website. .
    • The usual parking field has not been fully mowed, due to the wet weather. The event will be heavily attended, as there are a lot of activities going on, including two elevations and the Baronial Investiture. Please carpool if you possibly can, as parking is going to be at a premium.
    • Sergei is organizing breakfast and is looking for donations of quick breads. Please let him know if you’ll be able to bring some. .
  • Standard-Bearer’s will be 2-Sep. Meinhard is the Event Steward. If you are interesting in helping out please get in touch with him to volunteer.

Demos:

  • The East 200th St demo was quite successful: we spoke with a number of local people who sounded quite interested.
  • 16-17 Sept is the Mapleside Demo. Please plan on coming..
  • Artair is planning to step down as Demo Coordinator in the next three to four months. Please contact him if you’d like to know more about the position.

Guilds

Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.

  • Armorer’s Guild (and the less official Booze and Schmooze) meets at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday, 7-10 pm . Please contact Calum at calum@att.net for information or directions.
  • Unofficial Fencing Practice does NOT meet this upcoming Sunday, as they’ll all be at NOWM. For info on future meetings, please contact Cynwrig for details atjimpretz@sbcglobal.net about future Sundays.
  • Archery Guild meets Tuesdays at the home of Gwynedd and Muldonney, starting around 6 pm, and running into twilight. They have a great deal of loaner equipment, including Combat Archery arrows, so if you’re at all interested in either target or combat archery please come. With sufficient bribes, live Combat Archery targets may be provided. Contact Muldonney for details on effective bribes.
  • Leatherwork’s Guild will meet at Oliver’s at 7 pm on Tuesday for an Open Bench, working on period pouches. Please contact Oliver at adifferenttwist@gmail.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
  • Cook’s Guild meets next week (13-June) at the Baronial meeting, at 7:30 pm. S
  • Woodworkers Guild meets alternate Thursdays, 7-10 pm at Meinhard’s home. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.hammerschmidt@gmail.com for directions or with questions. You can also check the Cleftlands Woodworkers Facebook page.
  • Needleworkers will meet once near the end of May, to allow you time to work on garb for NOWM.

Baron and Baroness

  • Due to the recent on-line controversy, the gentleman involved has elected to step away from the SCA to avoid causing our group any issues. He will likely be at Pennsic, but not at meetings or local events.
  • Calum and Constanza thanked the entire Barony for their support and the chance to serve these last five years.