- Fletching of Spring is this Saturday. Check the Eastwatch website for details.
- Standard-Bearer’s will be 2-Sep. Meinhard is the Event Steward. If you are interesting in helping out please get in touch with him to volunteer.
- Planning is on for NOWM, which is only six weeks away. Autocrats are still looking for coordinators for Youth Activities, as well as general labor for everything from parking to site stewards. Let Gianna or Ginevra know if you’re willing to assist.
- NOWM Clean up Day will be 20-May.
- Pre-registration for NOWM begins 26-April at Dessert Revel. See Madelaine to pre-reg.
- 3-May, Needleworkers Build hosts a class on making tabards, sleeve ornaments, baldrics, and other baronial badges for fighters and others.
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild and the Drinking Guild both meet at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday, 7-10 pm . Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Woodworkers Guild meets tomorrow, 20-Apr, Thursday. 7-10 pm at Meinhard’s home. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.firstname.lastname@example.org for directions or with questions. You can also check the Cleftlands Woodworkers Facebook page.
- Unofficial Fencing Practice may meet this upcoming Sunday. Please contact Cynwrig for details email@example.com about future Sundays.
- Needleworkers will meet at Madelaine’s home on the west side, Tue 25-Apr. Contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- Archery Guild will meet on Tuesday, 25-Apr, instead of Monday, this upcoming wee, at the home of Gwynedd and Muldonney. Details will be posted online. They have a great deal of loaner equipment, so if you’re at all interested please come.
- Leatherwork’s Guild will meet at Oliver’s at 7 pm on Tuesday for an Open Bench, working on period pouches. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- We will dance before the Tourney next week at Dessert Revel. Look for Angharad and the red canvas bag of music.
- Terra de la Nuit is ill, and could use assistance Sat, 22-Apr around 10 am prepping her Cleveland house for a quick sale. Contact Angharad for information about the effort to assist Terra.
- Angharad, Claricia, and Dorothea will be organizing Battlefield Hospitality again this year. Please consider helping out during a few battles to keep our combatants hydrated.
- Dostia and Rhydderich are relocating to Constellation in two weeks. They’re not leaving the SCA, and their business, Misc Etc, will be at the usual spot at Pennsic.
Baron and Baroness
- 18-May will be the cut-off for recommendations for awards to be presented at NOWM. You can find a list of all Kingdom-level awards, an online ‘Order of Precedence’ that lists who has already received which awards, and the online award recommendation link at http://www.midrealm.org/heraldry/.
- The Crown has requested scroll blanks for use. Ginevra will collect all that you can produce at NOWM to share with them. Everyone can help, just ask the Scribes Guild members for guidance if you’ve never done it before.
- Mistress Keiley Duchem is looking for groups to cook breakfast and dinner for Midrealm Royal on Mon, Tue, Wed, and Thu of War Week at Pennsic. She will have numbers of people and related food issues available to share closer to Pennsic. Groups will need to front the money for the food: expenses will be reimbursed at Pennsic based on submitted receipts. Calum can provide additional information.
- April 26 Dessert Revel will be the Armored Tourney. Please spiffy up your kit, bring your inspiration, and prepare to awe us all.
- The Pennsic War Points have been posted at PennsicWar.org. There have been a lot of changes, so you’ll want to review this before making any plans.
- This weekend is Fletchings of Spring with many archery activities. Camping will require registration. Please bring plenty of shade as the site is not over-equipped.