IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- A Cooks Guild session to press apple cider and cook over fire is Sunday, Sept. 17 at the home of Baron Ealdred and Baroness Clairiel. Details are online.
- Starting Sept. 20, A&S classes will start at 7 and 8:30 p.m. A 15-minute business meeting will be held at 8:05 p.m.
- On Sept. 20, Gold Key (loaner garb) will be available at the meeting for gentles to borrow for Coronation and other fall events. See our Gold Key coordinator Lady Leonne to learn more.
- Sept. 27: The Cooks Guild has issued a challenge: Make a period or non-period recipe using apples. Lady Dorothea will bring period recipe books to the Sept. 20 meeting. There will be no indoor armored combat or rapier practice during Dessert Revel. Practices can take place outdoors if the weather cooperates.
- Yule Revel (date TBD)
- There will be a Noblesse Largess exchange; see Mistress Thorhalla for details.
- There will be a Not a Cookie Exchange; ask MOAS Dame Elizabeth for details.
- Seneschal: Bids are being accepted for Regular Event, NOWM and Standard Bearers. See our seneschal Mistress Angharad if you are thinking about organizing an event.
- MOAS: See the baronial calendar (http://www.cleftlands.org/calendar/), baronial Facebook page or our MOAS Mistress Elizabeth for details on these activities.
- Sunday, Oct. 1 at noon, baronial field trip to see the Cleveland Museum of Art’s “Love Gardens/Forbidden Fruit” exhibit. It features 60 works on paper spanning 1460 to 1600, assembled entirely from the CMA’s collection.
- Classes: Upcoming topics include knitting, snoods, retaining and more. See MOAS Mistress Elizabethe if you want to teach or request a class.
- No Garb-a-Thons sewing sessions will be held in October; check the events calendar on the baronial web page to find out when they will return.
- Rapier Marshal: Helpers are needed to sew loaner rapier gear for eight newcomers. See our rapier marshal Lord Reinhardt to learn more.
- Scribes Guild: The guild will meet on Sept. 20. It meets on the third baronial meeting of the month. See Master Aiden for details.
- Drawing Circle: Noble Rivkah is looking for people willing to pose (fully clothed) for the monthly sessions.
- Needleworkers Guild: Meetings will be at Critical Hit in Cleveland Heights on the second and fourth Tuesdays at 6:30 in September. See Lady Miriana to learn more.
- Armorers Guild: Meetings are held on most Thursdays. The host requires that participants be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. See Baron Calum for details.
UPCOMING SCA EVENTS
- Sept. 16: Pferdestadt Rapier Classic (East Caledonia, OH)
- Sept. 23: Fall Coronation (Greenfield, OH)
- Sept. 30: Brawl at Crooked Dragon (Oberlin)
- Oct. 7: Red Dragon (Columbus)
- Oct. 14: Meet and Beet Budget Tourney (Warren)
See a full list of upcoming Midrealm events here: https://midrealm.org/events-calendar/
- Exchequer: Members are asked to donate $2 per meeting, or $100 per year, to cover the cost of the meeting hall rental.
- Quartermaster: The quartermaster must be notified at least two weeks in advance if a member wishes to borrow baronial gear.
- Baronial meetings: Set-up starts at 6:30 p.m. and activities start at 7 p.m. A brief business meeting is held at 8:15 p.m.