IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW: NOWM
- Saturday, June 10, Ukrainian American Youth Association Resort
47890 Bursley Rd., Wellington, OH 44090
- Event staff and volunteers can start setting up at 8:30 a.m. Friday, June 9. Help is needed to put up tents and signs. If tasks are finished before most people get off work, a notice will be put on the baronial Facebook page.
- The gate opens at 8 a.m. Saturday. Electronic registration has closed.
- Retainers are needed for Their Royal Majesties and Their Royal Highnesses.
- A thrown weapons Midrealm championship will be held.
- Mistress Elizabethe, Mistress Thorhalla and Lady Chaiya are organizing a Craftsperson’s Green. This is a space where crafters can work on and demonstrate their projects. See them for details.
- Camping will be allowed Saturday night; campers must talk to the Ukrainian camp’s representative at troll to make arrangements.
- See event stewards Baroness Gianna or Lord Meinhard with any questions.
- SCOTTISH GAMES DEADLINE: Saturday, June 10 is the deadline for signing up for the Scottish Games demo. There is a Google form for signing up to receive a free pass to the event; here is the link: https://tinyurl.com/CleftlandsScottishGamesDemo
- Scottish Games, Saturday, June 24
- Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds, 19201 E. Bagley Road, Berea OH 44130
- Please bring your own chair.
- A new Society-wide rule states that members of the public who handle anything at a demo must first sign a waiver. At this demo, the public will be asked to sign a waiver when they enter our demo area.
- We will try to set up the area the night before; stay tuned for details.
See our demo coordinator Lady Shahzada (Al-Zahra) Isfahani for more information.
- July 28-Aug. 13
- A battlefield hospitality coordinator is needed.
- The baronial tent will be set up on Aug. 1, and taken down on Aug. 11. Help will be needed on both days.
- July 19 is the last baronial meeting before the Pennsic break. Meetings resume Aug. 23.
- See our seneschal Mistress Angharad for details on all Pennsic matters.
June 28: Armored combat tournament
July 12: Baronial swap meet and potluck
Aug. 30: Baronial archery tournament
- Upcoming classes: What to know about demos; Pennsic preparation. See the baronial calendar, baronial Facebook page or our MOAS Mistress Elizabethe for details.
- Drawing circle resumes June 14; art supplies will be available.
- Garb-a-thon sewing sessions are scheduled for June and early July. Watch the baronial Facebook page for details.
OPEN OFFICER POSITIONS
- Archery Marshal: See Forester Cadfan for information about this position.
- Gold Key: Applications are on the baronial website. See our seneschal Mistress Angharad for information about these job openings.
- Armorers Guild: This guild meets most Thursdays in Berea. The host requires that participants be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to attend. See Baron Calum for details.
UPCOMING SCA EVENTS
- July 28-Aug. 13: Pennsic
- Sept. 23: Fall Coronation, Greenfield, OH (between Columbus and Cincinnati)
- See a full list of upcoming Midrealm events here: https://midrealm.org/events-calendar/
- Exchequer: Members are asked to donate $2 per meeting, or $100 per year, to cover the cost of the meeting hall rental.
- Quartermaster: The quartermaster must be notified at least two weeks in advance if a member wishes to borrow baronial gear.
- Baronial meetings: Set-up starts at 6:30 p.m. and activities start at 7 p.m. A brief business meeting is held about 9 p.m.