Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
- Submit awards recommendations through the kingdom service portal.
- Submit baronial awards recommendations by emailing Their Excellencies (email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org), or filling out the form on the baronial website.
- UPDATED: Masks are now required for all SCA activities that are held indoors, including combat. Other current restrictions are: no shared food or drink, attendance must be taken at all SCA activities (or sign up ahead to save time – we will post and send out invitations when the new forms are ready), pre-registrations are required for all weekend SCA events, and if you are hosting or posting invitations for any SCA activity you must include the Society disclaimer. Please contact Lady Claricia for additional information or with questions – email@example.com
- Baronial meetings will be held every other week until the first week of September. The next meeting will be Aug. 18.
- Updates on SCA and kingdom restrictions, and baronial updates, will be distributed via the Cleftlist email list and the baronial Facebook page.
- In an effort to keep business meetings short, and to reduce the number of announcements, gentles who have announcements are asked to send them prior to the meeting to Chronicler THL Jolicia atte Northclyfe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UPDATED: Apologies for the lack of chairs and tables, and the locked doors. After investigating, we found that there is new management who were not aware of our situation. In the future we can use the rectangular, white plastic tables in the gym, and there will be stacks of chairs in the classroom that can be used as well. There are about 30-40 chairs available. We have been advised we will also have air conditioning! Please do not use any round tables or white chairs. Thanks for your patience!
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Some guilds are hosting virtual online activities; please contact the person in charge for details or see the Cleftlands Facebook group for more information. Guilds are permitted to meet in small groups, according to the guidelines that are available on the Cleftlands website, along with forms needed to do an official guild meeting. Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
When hosted at a private location, the owners may have additional requirements and restrictions for attendance. Please check with them for details.
As always, please use the new online A&S Activities Tracker on the Midrealm Services Portal to note what you’ve been up to.
- Armorers Guild: Contact Sir Calum via email.
- Archery Guild: Contact Lady Gwyneth on Facebook.
- Cleftlands Archery Practice!!
When: Every Monday, 6pm. Weather dependent.
Where: 411 Douglas Blvd, Richmond Heights OH
Sign up: https://forms.gle/9PhemdAZQWCFREUR9We are happy to host archery practice once more. All SCA/Midrealm guidelines will be followed. Please bring your own refreshments / water. The property owners will be requiring proof of vaccination. The owners will check for completed vaccination cards. This is not a reflection of SCA policy but the requirements of t. the property owners. If you require loaner equipment please pm Lady Gwyneth.https://www.sca.org/…/uploads/2021/05/052021EventSign.pdf
- Cleftlands Archery Practice!!
- Leatherworks Guild: On hiatus until fall. Contact Master Oliver via email or on Facebook.
- Anti-Social Guild: On hiatus for the next three months. Contact Baron Stephan Von Lübeck via email or on Facebook.
- Needleworkers Guild: Contact Lady Miriana via email.
- Dance Guild — Contact Baroness Angharad via email.
- Cooks Guild: Contact Baroness Angharad via email.
- Scribes Guild. Contact Master Milesent via email.
- Unofficial Potters’ Guild: Contact Mistress Aurelia via the Facebook group.
- Northern Oaken Recorder Ensemble: Contact THL Jolicia atte Northcliffe via email.
- Demo coordinator, Karl
- Pursuivant, Njall
- Enter your name and information on the services portal, and mark Cleftlands as your home group. Being on the services portal makes it easy to submit your friends for awards and find other SCAdians. See Njall for details (email@example.com).
- Rapier Marshall, Lupa
- For safety’s sake, please check the condition of your blades.
- Armored Combat Marshall, Constanza
- Because of the new law stating that combatants no longer need to be SCA members, all armored and rapier fighters and archers need to file new waiver forms with the marshallate. You can check the Midrealm authorization database to check on your status.
- Chronicler, Jolicia
- A&S Minister, Angharad
- Creating a Name and Heraldry, 7:30 p.m. Aug. 18. Instructor: Thory Vedarsdottir. Location: Classroom 10 (inside) or picnic tables (across the parking lot).
- If you would like to teach a class, or have a topic you’d like to learn, let her know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Exchequer, Robert
- Chatelaine, Jaquelinne
- Iron Key, Tryggr
- Some Iron Key items have been discarded. See Lord Tryggr Gillason (email@example.com) if you have items to donate.
- Youth Minister, Rojhon
- Reminder! If you’re looking for information, news, and updates, past issues of the Internebbles newsletter are posted for your convenience. All in one place, and always available to answer your questions. Go here to see all posted issues: http://wiki.cleftlands.org/Publications
- If anyone has ideas for articles for the newsletter, or a nomination for an interviewee for 5 Questions for a Cleftlander, please contact Claricia at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The all-archery event Fletchings will be held Saturday, Sept. 11 at Punderson State Park. Lord Tarmach is event steward; see him with questions or to volunteer.
- There will be no meeting on Sept. 29, so the Baronial swap meet/rummage sale is moved to Oct. 6. At this time no shared food or drink are allowed, but bring items to sell and trade. (added after the meeting.)
- Regular Event will be held Oct. 23 in Broadview Heights. Lady Jaqueline le Delcier is co-event steward; see her with questions or to volunteer.
- Standard Bearers will be held in January or February. Bids are being accepted; see a former event steward or Claricia (email@example.com) for information.
- See the Midrealm calendar for more upcoming events across the kingdom.