Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
- Submit awards recommendations through the kingdom service portal: https://services.midrealm.org/
- Submit baronial awards recommendations by emailing Their Excellencies (firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com), or filling out the form on the baronial website here: http://www.cleftlands.org/award-recommendation/
- Masks are now required for all SCA activities that are held indoors, including combat. You must wear a mask if you go indoors at any point. Other current restrictions are: no shared food or drink, attendance must be taken at all SCA activities, pre-registrations are required for all weekend SCA events, and if you are hosting or posting invitations for any SCA activity you must include the Society disclaimer. Please contact Lady Claricia for additional information or with questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Baronial meetings will be held every other week until further notice. The next meetings are Sept. 15 and Oct. 6. There is no meeting on Sept. 29.
- Please sign up for the Sept. 15 Baronial meeting here: https://forms.gle/qyj926Tk53MNEqc46
- Updates on SCA and kingdom restrictions, and baronial updates, will be distributed via the Cleftlist email list and the baronial Facebook page.
- In an effort to keep business meetings short, and to reduce the number of announcements, gentles who have announcements are asked to send them prior to the meeting to Chronicler THL Jolicia atte Northclyfe at email@example.com.
- We had a survey up to gather input from everyone as to how we should continue meeting structure through the end of the year. That survey closed on September 1, and after the officers have a chance to review, the results will be announced with the newsletter this weekend. Thanks to all who participated!
- Reminder that meetings will still require attendance being taken – please save time and reduce contact by signing up online!
- Upcoming events of note include Fletchings V: Return Flight on September 11, Harvest Days on September 18, Coronation on September 25, Red Dragon on October 2, Crown Tournament on October 16, and our very own Regular Event on October 23. Make sure you pre-register; it is required to attend weekend events (including Staff and Royalty).
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Some guilds are hosting virtual online activities; please contact the person in charge for details or see the Cleftlands Facebook group for more information. Guilds are permitted to meet in small groups, according to the guidelines that are available on the Cleftlands website, along with forms needed to do an official guild meeting. Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
When hosted at a private location, the owners may have additional requirements and restrictions for attendance. Please check with them for details.
As always, please use the new online A&S Activities Tracker on the Midrealm Services Portal to note what you’ve been up to.
Cleftlands Archery Practice!!
When: Every Monday, 6pm. Weather dependent.
Where: 411 Douglas Blvd, Richmond Heights OH
Sign up: https://forms.gle/9PhemdAZQWCFREUR9
We are happy to host archery practice once more. All SCA/Midrealm guidelines will be followed. Please bring your own refreshments / water. The property owners will be requiring proof of vaccination. The owners will check for completed vaccination cards. This is not a reflection of SCA policy but the requirements of t. the property owners. If you require loaner equipment please pm Lady Gwyneth.
- Leatherworks Guild: On hiatus until fall. Contact Master Oliver via email or on Facebook.
- Anti-Social Guild: On hiatus for the next three months. Contact Baron Stephan Von Lübeck via email or on Facebook.
- Needleworkers Guild: Contact Lady Miriana via email.
- Dance Guild — Contact Baroness Angharad via email.
- Cooks Guild: Contact Baroness Angharad via email.
- Scribes Guild. Contact Master Milesent via email.
- Unofficial Potters’ Guild: Contact Mistress Aurelia via the Facebook group.
- Northern Oaken Recorder Ensemble: Contact THL Jolicia atte Northclyfe via email.
- Demo coordinator, Karl
- Pursuivant, Njall
- Enter your name and information on the services portal, and mark Cleftlands as your home group. Being on the services portal makes it easy to submit your friends for awards and find other SCAdians. See Njall for details (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Rapier Marshall, Lupa
- Armored Combat Marshall, Constanza
- Because of the new law stating that combatants no longer need to be SCA members, all armored and rapier fighters and archers need to file new waiver forms with the marshallate. You can check the Midrealm authorization database to check on your status.
- Archery Marshal, Cadfan
- Chronicler, Jolicia
- A&S Minister, Angharad
- The class Creating a Name and Heraldry, has been rescheduled for Sept. 15 at 7:30 p.m. Instructor: Thory Vedarsdottir. Location: Classroom 10 (inside) or picnic tables (across the parking lot).
- There will be a Tournament of Arts at Harvest Days on Sept. 18. Online registration is due by Sept. 6. No food or drink entries are permitted.
- Class: Lady Lyonnete will teach a Zoom class titled “Beyond the Sonnet” at 7 p.m. Wed., Sept. 8. Students will learn how to write poems that can be submitted to Their Majesties to fulfill Their call for poems and stories.
- Class: Lord Rojhan will teach a class on Cree-Music on Sept. 1. Watch Facebook for details.
Class: What to Consider when Choosing Your Name and Heraldry, 7:30 p.m. Sept. 15Instructor: Lord Thory Vedarsdottir
Location: Classroom 10 (inside) or picnic tables (across the parking lot)
Class: Beyond the Sonnet: Medieval and Early Modern Poetry FormsWe’ll go over different European poetry forms from our time period with tips and tricks to help you compose your own. Instructor: THL Llywelyn Glyndyverdwy. This Zoom class will be held at 7 p.m. Sept. 22.
Please share with the rest of the Barony your latest projects and passions in a Baronial A&S Display Virtual, at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 29. You can either email me pictures or write ups by Sept 25 to include in a presentation I will share with the Barony, or you can present ‘a la minute” using your own camera. Please come and explain what you’re doing to the rest of us, or just come to listen and see what others are doing.Open Zoom session from 7:00 to 8:00 on Wed, 9-Sept. No camera required if you want to send pictures early.Join Zoom Meeting
- If you would like to teach a class, or have a topic you’d like to learn, let her know (email@example.com).
- Exchequer, Robert
- Chatelaine, Jaquelinne
- Iron Key, Tryggr
- Some Iron Key items have been discarded. See Lord Tryggr Gillason (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have items to donate.
- .Youth Minister, Rojhon
- Donations of craft supplies are needed. Yarn, beads, games, garb and more will be accepted.
- Reminder! If you’re looking for information, news, and updates, past issues of the Internebbles newsletter are posted for your convenience. All in one place, and always available to answer your questions. Go here to see all posted issues: http://wiki.cleftlands.org/Publications
- If anyone has ideas for articles for the newsletter, or a nomination for an interviewee for 5 Questions for a Cleftlander, please contact Claricia at email@example.com
- The all-archery event Fletchings will be held Saturday, Sept. 11 at Punderson State Park. Lord Tarmach is event steward; see him with questions or to volunteer. The sign-up list is now available on the Cleftlands Facebook page.
- The Baronial swap meet/rummage sale is Oct. 6. we are hoping to hold it outside. Due to the lack of tables, please consider consolidating with a friend, having your stash in the boot of your car, or bringing your own table. At this time no shared food or drink are allowed, but bring items to sell and trade.
- Regular Event will be held Oct. 23 in Broadview Heights. Pre-registration is now open, via the event Facebook page or the event website. No registration will be taken at the event. Lady Jaqueline le Delcier is co-event steward; see her with questions or to volunteer.
- Standard Bearers will be held in January or February. Bids are being accepted; see a former event steward or Claricia (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information.
- See the Midrealm calendar for more upcoming events across the kingdom.