NOTE: At this time, Middle Kingdom SCA-related activities are cancelled or postponed until July 1. This meeting was held virtually via Zoom and streamed to YouTube. If you would like to view the YouTube stream, click here!
Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
- Please welcome the honorable Lady Snowden Snowden as the new baronial webminister, and the honorable Lady Sarra Bossard.as quartermaster. The posts of Social Media Officer and Iron Key will be open until May 27. See the baronial website’s Announcement section for details, or apply online here.
- The Ethereal Court of Their Majesties Felix and Madeleina will be held May 23 at 2 p.m. Announcements on Facebook, streamed live to YouTube.
- A virtual baronial court will be held June 13 in place of NOWM. See information on how to submit award recommendations on the baronial website.
- The SCA Census is taking place June 7-21. You can find information on the Cleftlands and Society websites.
- Another baronial meeting on Zoom will be held in two weeks on June 3, 2020. Check the usual channels for details.
- Our new seneschal is Lady Claricia de la Mere. The office will change hands during the weekend when NOWM would have been held.
- Cleftlands has a wiki that includes information about members of the Barony – please update your information at http://www.cleftlands.org/cleftlands-wiki/populace-update/ or use the Wiki to research your friends.
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Some guilds are hosting virtual online activities; please contact the person in charge for details or see the Cleftlands Facebook group for more information. Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
As always, please use the new online A&S Activities Tracker on the Midrealm Services Portal to note what you’ve been up to.
- Armorers Guild: Contact Sir Calum via email.
- Archery Guild: Contact Lady Gwyneth on Facebook.
- Leatherworks Guild: Contact Master Oliver via email or on Facebook.
- Anti-Social Guild: Contact Baron Stephan Von Lübeck via email or on Facebook.
- Needleworkers Guild: Contact Lady Miriana via email.
- Dance Guild — Contact Baroness Angharad via email.
- Cooks Guild: Contact Baroness Angharad via email.
- Scribes Guild. Contact Master Milesent via email.
- Unofficial Potters’ Guild: Contact Mistress Aurelia via the Facebook group.
- Demo coordinator, Karl
- Demos are cancelled until the SCA resumes activities. We will play by ear the demos scheduled for later in the year. The Wildwood demo may be rescheduled for later in the year or in 2021.
- Pursuivant, Njall
- Enter your name and information on the services portal, and mark Cleftlands as your home group. Being on the services portal makes it easy to submit your friends for awards and find other SCAdians. See Njall for details.
- Rapier Marshall, Lupa
- For safety’s sake, please check the condition of your blades.
- Armored Combat Marshall, Constanza
- Because of the new law stating that combatants no longer need to be SCA members, all armored and rapier fighters and archers need to file new waiver forms with the marshallate. You can check the Midrealm authorization database to check on your status.
- A Kingdom Marshals Information Meeting is May 21 from 7 to 8 p.m.
- Chronicler, Jolicia
- She is looking for a deputy. This person needs to be familiar with computers, WordPress and a member of the Cleftlands email distribution list.
- A&S Minister, Angharad
- RUM is offering numerous online classes nearly every night at 7 p..m., and twice on weekends. Check the RUM and the baronial Facebook pages for details.
- There will be a Kingdom A&S Artisans Meet Up where artisans can receive feedback on their work. The deadline for entries is May 22; you can also register to provide feedback.
- The new virtual A&S challenge asks scribes to make a blank scroll. See Baroness Angharad or Master Milesent for details.
- If Harvest Days takes place on Sept. 12, it will host Tournaments of the Arts, Chivalry, Defense and the Greenwood Company.
- Exchequer, Robert:
- If you would like to donate baronial tithes for the whole year ($45), Robert can give you a receipt for your tax purposes.
- Chatelaine, Shahzada
- Numerous online classes regarding social media are taking place. She can help members set up Facebook Live and/or Zoom. If you invite friends to join the baronial Facebook page, remind them that they need to answer a few questions prior to being approved even if they were referred.
- Iron Key, Karl
- .Youth Minister, Zofia
- She would like to step down at a date to be determined. See her for details.
- Lady Ragna is stepping down as Kingdom submission herald and is looking for a replacement.
- Lady Claricia is editing a weekly Cleftlands newsletter. Past editions can be found on the website. Stories and suggestions are welcome.