The Barony of the Cleftlands is accepting applications for Social Media Officer. If you would like to be considered for a position, please fill out an application online. The submission will be received by the Baron, Baroness, and Seneschal for review prior to being presented at an Officers meeting for final vote.
Thank you for your interest.
Local SMO’s must meet the following qualifications:
- Have regular and consistent access to internet especially mobile internet.
- Have a bias toward inclusion to ensure all aspects of the society are celebrated.
- Understand the difference inherent in online communication.
- Have a deep love of the Society and the Middle Kingdom (and Cleftlands!)
Hard Points: (Minimum)
- Admin on all Pages and Official Groups for your organization
- First contact for group join requests, officer access changes and other similar administrative tasks.
- Participate in the MK SMO Facebook discussion group
- Communicate any major Group or Page changes to KSMO
- Be a source of help and expertise to local officers and event stewards
- Ensure Events are created correctly when on Facebook
- Protect the Pages and Groups: Remove spam and disallowed topics, give guidance to users where needed and ensure required boilerplate is present and up to date
Soft Points: (Additional Potential Duties)
- Create or enable OUTWARD facing content from the local Page
- Required: Keeping copies of any/all model released required
- Encourage conversation in groups around various Society-related topics
- Partner with events stewards & officers who are less active on social media to ensure information is also shared in social.
- In partnership with the appropriate officers and KSMO, provide publicity to attract new people