Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
- At NOWM this last weekend, there were a number of Cleftlanders receiving awards, including:
- Cadfan, who received both the Award of the Purple Fret and the Award of St. Clariel
- Tryggr, who received his Award of Arms
- Calum, who received the Award of the Azure Chalice
- Brice Calhoun, who received the Award of St. Alfred.
- Dafydd, who received the Award of the Azure Trident.
- James Barkley presented the Barony with a leather-bound book in which to retain the history of the Cleftlands. How to fill this book is currently being decided.
- MK50 year: Cadfan thanked Brendan and Miriana for all their work assembling the Cleftlands History display.
- Receipts for NOWM must be turned in to Robert by next Wednesday.
- Many thank yous were given to those who helped out, including from Madelaine to her Gate Crew; Cadfan for help setting up the archery range; Constanza for the help of many marshals, and Rojhan for all the help and support with Youth Activities.
- Gianna is still looking for someone who may want to organize NOWM for next year. Please contact her if you’re interested.
- Bardic Madness, 2-Nov, will be in Rocky River.
- It is just about time to be thinking about Regular Event for next year. If you have any ideas, please discuss them with Cadfan.
- A&S Minister, Runa:
- Runa is stepping down in November this year. If you’re interested, please talk with her.
- Please use the new online A&S Activities Tracker on the Midrealm Services Portal (https://a12c.enciva.com). Runa has posted directions on how to make entries on Facebook.
- Classes! Please tell Runa if you’d like to teach, or provide suggestions about what you’d like to learn. She’s particularly interested in Pennsic-prep classes for June.
- Next week, 12-Jun, Aidan will be presenting a class on making Mineral Pigments
- On 19-Jun, Madelaine will present on Pennsic Food Planning.
- The March of Gwyntarian now includes archery practice at their regular weekly meeting (starting at 6:30 on Thursdays, see Marche of Gwyntarian – The Akron/Kent branch of the SCA for directions).
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild meets at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. They will be back on schedule next week. Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Lubeck usually hosts his Anti-Social (Brewing) club on Thursday. They are currently working on beer and taxidermy. If you’re interested, please contact him as Steve Kerg on Facebook to confirm the meeting.
- Archery Guild meets, depending on weather, on Mondays, 5:30, at Gwyneth’s home. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers Guild normally meets 2nd and 4th Tuesdays: but will meet only once in June and July. They will meet next on 11-Jun. Directions will be posted online, or contact Madelaine at email@example.com detail for details and directions.
- Scribes Guild meets first Mondays, next on 1-Jul, at 7 pm at Brackenburye Cottage. Please contact Melisent at Grace@case.edu with any questions.
- Cook’s Guild meets first Wednesdays at meeting. On 7-Jul, we’ll be having a ‘Cooking over Fire’ practice: details to be announced. Contact Angharad at BaronessAngharad@gmail.com if you have questions.