Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
- Felix and Maddelena are the new Heirs of the MidRealm.
- Next week is our Halloween Revel: Medieval Monster Mash and the Awesome Offal Cooks’ challenge.
- Rivenvale’s Roman-themed Fall Bransle is this weekend in Warren, OH.
- 2-Nov: Bardic Madness or the Maker’s Faire Demo locally, and then there are events elsewhere that you can find on the Midrealm Calendar. Reduce your carbon footprint by staying local.
- Baronial Award recommendations can be made online at http://www.cleftlands.org/award-recommendation/.
- New MoAS and new Rapier Marshall to be announced at the Dessert Revel.
- Cleftlands has a wiki that includes information about members of the Barony – please update your information at http://www.cleftlands.org/cleftlands-wiki/populace-update/ or use the Wiki to research your friends.
- James the Tactless has a complete suit of Kyvex armor. Please contact him if you are interested in acquiring it. You can contact him at JamesKraliii@yahoo.com.
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings. Please use the new online A&S Activities Tracker on the Midrealm Services Portal to note what you’ve been up to.
- Armorer’s Guild meets Thursday’s at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home. They will not be meeting on Halloween. Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Lubeck hosts his Anti-Social (Brewing and every thing else) Meeting 7-10 most Tuesdays. If you’re interested, please contact him as Steve Kerg on Facebook to confirm the meeting. Next spring, Lubeck will host a practice for the Pennsic Champions Teams – please contact him for information.
- Archery Guild meets Sundays at 2 pm, at Gwyneth and Muldonney’s home. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherworks Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers Guild normally meets 2 and 4th Tuesdays. Directions will be posted online, or contact Miriana at email@example.com for details and directions.
- Dance Guild will host dances at the October Dessert Revel. .
- Scribes Guild meets next on 4-Nov at 7 pm at Brackenburye Cottage. Please contact Melisent at Grace@case.edu with any questions.
- Cook’s Guild meets first Wednesdays at meeting. On Contact Angharad at BaronessAngharad@gmail.com if you have questions.
- Pursuivant, Njall
- The Midrealm Services portal, when you create a a login, let’s you complete a profile with your personal information including your home group. An advantage of being registered is that it makes it much easier for people submit award recommendations, so be kind to your friends. Per the Services portal, Cleftlands has added 3 ‘new’ members since last week, so clearly a lot of us still haven’t completed our profile. You can reach the Midrealm Services portal at https://a12c.enciva.com/apex/f?p=331:1:30971696823384:::::&tz=-4:00
- Rapier Marshall, Velvet
- By November 1 the marshals’ need to have the names of everyone involved in martial activities to keep your authorization current. Please make sure you contact him (or the Knight’s Marshall) if you want to keep fighting
- A&S Minister, Runa
- Next week, 30-Oct Advanced Footwork Class by Eikbrandr, open to both Armored and Rapier combatants.
- The next tournament of the Art’s will be held on 11-Jan, but registration needs to be done by 15-Dec. You can register at https://tinyurl.com/y45qtff7
- Demo Coordinator, Carl
- The Maker’s Faire will be at the Science Center on November 2. WE’d like to have Scadian’s arriving 8 and 9:30 am so we can be set up before the doors open to the public. The Faire itself runs 10-5 pm. There are some parking spaces in the garage at the Science Center, and there’s on the street parking. It’s also walking distance from a Rapid stop. Attendance should be free for those participating in the demo. Please contact Carl for information or check the event page on the Cleftlands FB group at https://www.facebook.com/events/2472641653014935/. .
- October Dessert Revel, 30-Oct
- The Costume Challenge is Medieval Monster Mash, inspired by the show at the Cleveland art museum.
- The Cooks Challenge theme is Awesome Offal. Bring a dish featuring a non-standard meat cut; heart, tongue, feet, viscera of any type.
- Bardic Madness, 2-Nov, will be in Rocky River. Further information is available at https://sites.google.com/site/bardicmadnessmid/home
- Her Majesty, Ynes, will be attending. Retainers and guards are needed. Sign-ups for these shifts will be posted
- If you’d like to be a Patron for challenges, there are still Patron’s desired.
- Jolicia is organizing crash space for attendees. If you have a bed, or floor to offer, please let her know.
- Breakfast tavern donations would be welcome, as would pickles for the Royalty room. Please let Branwen know. Julianne can pick them up at the October Revel to take to the event.
- Savory donations for her Majesty are also requested.
- November Dessert Revel: Armored Tourney
- December Dessert Revel: Yule Celebration.
- Regular Event, 29-Feb (Leap Year Day) :
- Jacqueline is Event Steward with Clariscia as her Deputy Steward. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact them. The event theme is a “A Perfect Pairing.”
- Northern Oaken War Manuevers (NOWM) AS 54/2021
- Gianna has been Event Steward for the last seven years. If you are interested in shadowing her and learning to take on the role at “the event that runs itself” please let her know, as it’s not too early to get started on planning.
- Regular Event, AS 55/2021
- The site we are using (the Byzantine Cathedral in Parma) will not be available after 2020. It is NOT too soon to begin looking for a 2021 site and planning the bid.
- Standard Bearers, AS 55/2021
- Why wait to start planning?