Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
- At Midrealm 50-Year, is this weekend, including Crown Tourney. Cleftlanders participating include Calum fighting for Angharad, and Crispin fighting for Gianna.
- North Oaken War Maneuvers. 1 to 3-Jun.
- NOWM campsite is having trouble with their septic system. There will be no showers or flush toilets available. (And no digging of sumps is allowed.) There will be potable water on the battlefield, but generally, bring drinking water.
- Pierogi Hut will be serving Friday and Saturday 6-9 pm (as well as the usual lunch times).
- There will be a youth point show and tell on Saturday. If you have an award and are willing to talk to the youths about it, talk to Lord Rowan.
- May Dessert Revel on 29-May will be the Baronial Garage Sale and Swap Meet. Start collecting your white elephants now.
- Bardic Madness, 2-Nov, will be in Rocky River.
- It is just about time to be thinking about Regular Event for next year. If you have any ideas, please discuss them with Cadfan.
- Her Excellency Gianna would very much like to NOT be the event steward for NOWM next year. Please talk to her if you’re at all interested.
- A&S Minister, Runa:
- Runa is stepping down in November this year. If you’re interested, please talk with her.
- Please use the new online A&S Activities Tracker on the Midrealm Services Portal (https://a12c.enciva.com). Runa has posted directions on how to make entries on Facebook.
- Classes! Please tell Runa if you’d like to teach, or provide suggestions about what you’d like to learn. She’s particularly interested in Pennsic-prep classes for June.
- There will be no classes next week at the dessert revel. In June there will be a class on making Pennsic Food by Baroness Madelaine, and one on Period Pigments by Master Aiden.
- Jaquelinne thanks everyone who participated in the ’50 Largesse Items for Midrealm 50-Year’ challenge. She’ll be presenting the items of largesse at the 50-year celebration this weekend as a gift of the Cleftlands.
- The March of Gwyntarian now includes archery practice at their regular weekly meeting (starting at 6:30 on Thursdays, see Marche of Gwyntarian – The Akron/Kent branch of the SCA for directions).
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild will NOT meet at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. They will be back on schedule next week. Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Lubeck usually hosts his Anti-Social (Brewing) club on Thursday. They are currently working on beer and taxidermy. If you’re interested, please contact him as Steve Kerg on Facebook to confirm the meeting.
- Archery Guild will NOT meet this Monday due to Memorial Day. Their regular Monday meetings will return the following week, depending on weather, on Mondays, 5:30, at Gwyneth’s home. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers Guild meets 2nd and 4th Tuesdays. They will meet next on 11-Jun. Directions will be posted online, or contact Madelaine at email@example.com detail for details and directions.
- Scribes Guild meets first Mondays, next in June, at 7 pm at Brackenburye Cottage. Please contact Melisent at Grace@case.edu with any questions.
- Cook’s Guild meets first Wednesdays at meeting. Contact Angharad at BaronessAngharad@gmail.com if you have questions.