Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
- Standard Bearer’s:
- For champions, anyone can compete, regardless of rank. You are also welcome to participate even if not competing. please contact If you have questions about the expectations of the champions, please come and discuss it with us. The Tourneys will kick off at 11. You can check the full schedule at http://standardbearers.cleftlands.org/.
- As the site fee is ‘donation only’, there will be a rummage sale to help fund the event.Please bring items you’d like to donate items to sell, or pick up.
- Bids for Regular Event in 2020 need to be in by 16-Oct.
- Please consider submitting a bid for Regular Event in 2021: it is not too early to start planning a bid for that event.
- By Friday morning, the applications for Rapier Marshal and Minister of Arts and Science will be on the Cleftlands site.
Demo Coordinator, Carl
- The Maker’s Faire is back on, and will be at the Science Center, rather than the Library downtown. They have asked us to appear again. The demo will be 2-Nov: we’re asked to show up between 8 and 9:30 am, as the Faire starts at 10 am. There are some parking spaces in the garage at the Science Center, and there’s on the street parking. It’s also walking distance from a Rapid stop. Attendance should be free for those participating in the demo. Please contact Carl for information.
- Rapier Marshal, Velvet
- Velvet is looking to step down as Rapier Marshal. Please talk to him.
- Pursuivant, Miriana for Njall
- During Seto’s reign, he will be using Japanese cultural terms. He has suggestions for correct Japanese terms for referring to the royalty, though Your Majesty is always appropriate. Miriana wil be leading a class on 9-Nov on correct pronunciation.
- A&S Minister, Runa
- Next week, 9-Oct, A Family of Remarkable Women, Katerin ferch Gwenllian.
- Please check the website for future classes. You can suggest or offer to teach classes online as well. If you’re interested
- Chronicler, Angharad
- Still looking for anyone interested in serving as a backup for note taking at meetings.
- Standard Bearer’s: 5-Oct. 10 am at our meeting site. Check the website for information: http://standardbearers.cleftlands.org/
- Setup starts about 8:30 am. Cadfan will be posting details about what help is needed.
- Site is free, though donations are appreciated. Lunch will be $5, while feast is $10.
- There will be a rummage/yard sale at the event to help pay for the site – please donate items, or buy them.
- Branwen is organizing the Breakfast Bar and would appreciate donations of home-made or purchased baked goods.
- Rapier Tourney starts at 11 am; Archery at 1, Armored at 2, and A&S at 3:30 pm.
- Clarisca is running the lunch tavern, and she is looking for some help in the service or handling cash. .
- Njall would like anyone interested in vocal heraldry at the event to come and let him know as there will be opportunities.
- The Cleftlands Boast Box will be at the site if you’d like to make a commitment.
- No formal youth activities, but there will be craft bins available.
- For more info, check the website at http://standardbearers.cleftlands.org/
- October Dessert Revel, 30-Oct
- The Cooks Challenge theme is Awesome Offal. Bring a dish featuring a non-standard meat cut; heart, tongue, feet, viscera of any type.
- Bardic Madness, 2-Nov, will be in Rocky River. Jolicia is organizing crash space for attendees. If you have a bed, or floor to offer, please let her know.
- November Dessert Revel: Armored Tourney
- December Dessert Revel: Yule Celebration.
- Regular Event: Bids are percolating. Start thinking about A&S projects
- Jacqueline is organizing the one known bid. If you’re interested in taking a role in her event bid, please contact her.
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings. Please use the new online A&S Activities Tracker on the Midrealm Services Portal to note what you’ve been up to.
- Armorer’s Guild meets Thursday’s at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home. Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Lubeck hosts his Anti-Social (Brewing and every thing else) Meeting 7-10 most Tuesdays. If you’re interested, please contact him as Steve Kerg on Facebook to confirm the meeting.
- Archery Guild meets Sundays at 2 pm, at Gwyneth and Muldonney’s home. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherworks Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers Guild normally meets 2 and 4th Tuesdays. The 8-Oct meeting will be at Angharad and Calum’s home. Directions will be posted online, or contact Miriana at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and directions.
- Woodworker’s Guild may restart – depending on interest. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.email@example.com to express interest or ask questions.
- Scribes Guild meets first Mondays at 7 pm at Brackenburye Cottage. Please contact Melisent at Grace@case.edu with any questions.
- Cook’s Guild meets first Wednesdays at meeting. On 9-Oct, we’ll be making sausage at meeting for the 2-Nov Bardic Madness Feast. Contact Angharad at BaronessAngharad@gmail.com if you have questions.