Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
- Standard Bearer’s:
- For champions, anyone can compete, regardless of rank. If you have questions about the expectations of the champions, please come and discuss it with us.
- A&S: Documentation is not required, but is appreciated. There is no theme, but it should be something completed in the last year.
- As the site fee is ‘donation only’, there will be a rummage sale to help fund the event.Please bring items you’d like to donate items to sell, or pick up.
- Last meeting of the month is is our annual Open House with Arts & Science displays and activities. It’s a good time to introduce people to the SCA, either family members who want to know what you’re up to, or people you’d like to recruit.
- The Boast Box is an annual challenge with quarterly check-ins and support: challenge yourself to do something new and boast about it anon.
Demo Coordinator, Carl
- The Maker’s Faire is back on, and will be at the Science Center, rather than the Library downtown. They have asked us to appear again. The demo will be 2-Nov: we’re asked to show up between 8 and 9:30 am, as the Faire starts at 10 am. There are some parking spaces in the garage at the Science Center, and there’s on the street parking. It’s also walking distance from a Rapid stop. Attendance should be free for those participating in the demo. Please contact Carl for information.
- A&S Minister, Runa
- Next week, 25-Sep, Jacqueline will teach a class to make paper cranes for their soon-to-be Majesties. .
- Please check the website for future classes. You can suggest or offer to teach classes online as well. If you’re interested
- Chronicler, Angharad
- Jolicia has stepped as a deputy. Still looking for anyone interested in serving as a backup for note taking at meetings.
- September Dessert Revel: Our Open House/Arts Faire.
- Standard Bearer’s: 5-Oct. 10 am at our meeting site.
- Site is free, though donations are appreciated. Lunch will be $5, while feast is $10.
- There will be a rummage/yard sale at the event to help pay for the site – please donate items, or buy them.
- Branwen is organizing the Breakfast Bar and would appreciate donations.
- Clarisca is running the lunch tavern, and she is looking for some help in the service or handling cash. .
- Njall would like anyone interested in vocal heraldry at the event to come and let him know as there will be opportunities.
- The Cleftlands Boast Box will be at the site if you’d like to make a commitment.
- For more info, check the website at http://standardbearers.cleftlands.org/
- Bardic Madness, 2-Nov, will be in Rocky River. Jolicia is organizing crash space for attendees. If you have a bed, or floor to offer, please let her know.
- November Dessert Revel: Armored Tourney
- December Dessert Revel: Yule Celebration.
- Regular Event: Bids are percolating. Start thinking about A&S projects
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings. Please use the new online A&S Activities Tracker on the Midrealm Services Portal to note what you’ve been up to.
- Armorer’s Guild meets Thursday’s at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home. Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Lubeck hosts his Anti-Social (Brewing) club 7-10 most Tuesdays. If you’re interested, please contact him as Steve Kerg on Facebook to confirm the meeting.
- Archery Guild is moving to Sunday afternoons at 2 pm, to take advantage of daylight starting this Sunday, 15-Sep Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherworks Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers Guild normally meets 2 and 4th Tuesdays. They next meet on 24-Sep at Constanzas. Directions will be posted online, or contact Miriana at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and directions.
- Woodworker’s Guild may restart – depending on interest. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.email@example.com to express interest or ask questions.
- Scribes Guild meets first Mondays at 7 pm at Brackenburye Cottage. Please contact Melisent at Grace@case.edu with any questions.
- Cook’s Guild meets first Wednesdays at meeting. Contact Angharad at BaronessAngharad@gmail.com if you have questions.