Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
- Thank you, Tarmach, for serving as Event Steward for Fletchings of Spring this last weekend.
- Congratulations to Gwyneth who won the Advanced Archery Challenge
- Congratulations to Dafydd, who won the Ash Ring from Garvin.
- At Midrealm 50-Year, his Majesty is hosting a ‘Not Crown Tourney’ on Saturday morning, inviting all knights and other combatants by invitation. Five Cleftlanders were invited, including Muldonney, Sirius, Kari, Tariq, and Edward.
- Crown Tourney is upcoming. Cleftlanders participating include Calum fighting for Angharad, and Crispin fighting for Gianna.
- North Oaken War Maneuvers. 1 to 3-Jun.
- Clean up weekend is this weekend, 18-May, opposite Aethelmearc War Practice.
- Pre-registration is open. Please find Madelaine or Dorothea at meeting, or register online using the ePay.
- Robert is looking for people to help with parking Friday and Saturday. If you are camping with a group, please let him know and he’ll try to keep parking for your camp together as a unit.
- Pierogi Hut will be serving Friday and Saturday 6-9 pm.
- Craftsperson Row at NOWM will be by the bocce ball court. Talk to Jolicia about displaying.
- May Dessert Revel on 29-May will be the Baronial Garage Sale and Swap Meet. Start collecting your white elephants now.
- Bardic Madness, 2-Nov, will be in Rocky River.
- It is just about time to be thinking about Regular Event for next year. If you have any ideas, please discuss them with Cadfan.
- A&S Minister, Runa:
- Runa is stepping down in November this year. If you’re interested, please talk with her.
- Please use the new online A&S Activities Tracker on the Midrealm Services Portal (https://a12c.enciva.com). Runa has posted directions on how to make entries on Facebook.
- Classes! Please tell Runa if you’d like to teach, or provide suggestions about what you’d like to learn. She’s particularly interested in Pennsic-prep classes for June.
- Jaquelinne is sponsoring a ’50 Largesse Items for Midrealm 50-Year’ challenge. She’ll collect and present the items of largesse at the 50-year celebration as a gift of the Cleftlands. Please have your items to her by 15-May: she’ll arrange to get them there and presented.
- Sirius hosted his Two Headed Troll tourney tonight. The victors were Crispin and his second head, Lubeck.
- Miriana, as A&S Champion, challenge artisans to work on a piece as part of a team with someone of another skill level. The first presentation of projects is next Wednesday.
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild will meet at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. Please contact Calum at email@example.com for information or directions.
- Lubeck usually hosts his Anti-Social (Brewing) club on Thursday. They are currently working on beer and taxidermy. If you’re interested, please contact him as Steve Kerg on Facebook to confirm the meeting.
- Archery Guild will meet, depending on weather, on Mondays, 5:30, at Gwyneth’s home. They will meet next on 20-May, but not on Memorial Day. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers Guild meets 2nd and 4th Tuesdays. They will meet next in June. Directions will be posted online, or contact Madelaine at email@example.com for detail for details and directions.
- Scribes Guild meets first Mondays, next in June, at 7 pm at Brackenburye Cottage. Please contact Melisent at Grace@case.edu with any questions.
- Cook’s Guild meets first Wednesdays at meeting. Contact Angharad at BaronessAngharad@gmail.com if you have questions. We will be planning to do some “Cooking over Fire’ practices at NOWM.