Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
- 20-Nov is the Annual Cleftlands Rapier Tourney. The Rules for consorts and the tourney format will be forthcoming. There will be desserts as well.
- If you are going to to Rose Tourney in Indiana: fight honorably, good luck, and drive safely!
- There is no meeting on 27-Nov, the Wednesday immediately before Thanksgiving.
- Cleftlands has a wiki that includes information about members of the Barony – please update your information at http://www.cleftlands.org/cleftlands-wiki/populace-update/ or use the Wiki to research your friends.
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings. Please use the new online A&S Activities Tracker on the Midrealm Services Portal to note what you’ve been up to.
- Armorer’s Guild meets Thursday’s at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home. Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Archery Guild practices are over for the season. Thanks to Gwyneth and Muldonney for hosting practices at their home during the warm months. Gywntarian is holding indoor archery practices. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherworks Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Lubeck hosts his Anti-Social (Brewing and every thing else) Meeting 7-10 most Tuesdays. If you’re interested, please contact him as Steve Kerg on Facebook to confirm the meeting. The Meadery in Western Reserve interested in doing classes in mead making; the date is up in the air.
- Needleworkers Guild normally meets 2 and 4th Tuesdays. Directions will be posted online, or contact Miriana at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and directions. Let her know if there is interest for the week of Thanksgiving.
- Dance Guild will lead dances at the November Dessert Revel.
- Cook’s Guild meets first Wednesdays at meeting. Cook’s Guild will have an outing to Lehman’s Hardware and the Ashery on 23-Nov, and will be making pasta at Baronial meeting on 4-Dec. Contact Angharad at BaronessAngharad@gmail.com if you have questions.
- Scribes Guild meets next on 2-Dec at 7 pm at Brackenburye Cottage. Please contact Milesent at Grace@case.edu with any questions.
- Pursuivant, Njall
- The first meeting of the month he hosts heraldic consultations about submitting an SCA name or arms. Please let him know if you are interested.
- Enter your name and information on the services portal, and mark Cleftlands as your home group. See Njall for details.
- Chronicler, Angharad
- Please provide your information for the long delayed Cleftlands Contact List. Forms can be had at meeting, or they are available on the Baronial Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/cleftlands/files/.
- Next week is last week that Angharad will accept entries for the new baronial contact list. Fill out a form and get to Angharad.
- A&S Minister, Angharad
- The next Tournament of the Art’s will be held on 11-Jan, but registration needs to be done by 15-Dec. You can register at https://tinyurl.com/y45qtff7
- March 21 is the North Oaken A&S faire.
- There will be no classes next week due to the tourney.
- Exchequer, Robert:
- If you would like to donate baronial tithes for the whole year, Robert can give you a receipt for your tax purposes.
- Standard Bearers final receipts are in and it made a profit.
- November Dessert Revel: Rapier Tourney
- There will be wagering again this time. Please wager nonperishable food donations or other donations for a homeless shelter. You can only bet on three squares, but please bring as much as you’d like to donate. Will go to our meeting site (church) or Cleveland Food Bank.
- Assistant heralds are needed for the lists. This is a good way to get experience as list herald. See Angharad to volunteer.
- Arrive early if you want to authorize before the tournament. Tournament starts at 7:45 p.m.
- December Dessert Revel: Yule Celebration is on 18-Nov. Theme is “Solstice, Dark vs. Light.” Come dressed as Darkness or Light. There will be games to see if Sun or Night wins. There will be a table decorating display, food, dancing and gift exchange (something nice from your SCA closet or supplies).
- Regular Event, 29-Feb (Leap Year Day) :
- Jacqueline is Event Steward with Clariscia as her Deputy Steward. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact them. The event theme is a “A Perfect Pairing.”
- Looking for volunteers for many things including classes, Youth Coordinator, and other areas. Most positions are filled. There will be an A&S challenge. Brute squad help is needed.
- Katerin is recruiting teachers for the event. Please let her know if you would like to teach.
- Northern Oaken War Manuevers (NOWM) AS 54/2021
- Gianna has been Event Steward for the last seven years. If you are interested in shadowing her and learning to take on the role at “the event that runs itself” please let her know, as it’s not too early to get started on planning.
- Regular Event, AS 55/2021
- The site we are using (the Byzantine Cathedral in Parma) will not be available after 2020. It is NOT too soon to begin looking for a 2021 site and planning the bid.
- Standard Bearers, AS 55/2021
- Why wait to start planning?
- If you want to host a tournament or would like to make a prize for a tournament, see Sirius.