Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
At Val Day, our own Dmitri Zhirov was placed on vigil for the order of the Pelican.
- Our costs for the meeting site went up on February 1 by about 42%. We’re also running into space limitations at this site. The officers are exploring possible options. If you have any ideas about alternate sites for weekly meeting, please contact Cadfan at email@example.com. .
- February Dessert Revel on 27-Feb will be a display of our arts and sciences. Please bring things you have made or are working on and share them with the rest of the Barony. If you’re working on an regional A&S Faire entry, let Claricia know, and she can help arrange teachers and mentors to help you out.
- North Oaken Regional A&S Faire: 13-Apr, here in the Cleftlands.
- North Oaken War Manuevers. 1 to 3-Jun.
- It’s never too early to volunteer – Let Gianna know if you’d like to help out.
- Pre-registration will open after tax season so prepare to pre-reg at our 17-Apr meeting.
- A&S Minister, Runa:
- Next week Elizabeth will be teaching about making Roman Earrings to match the Roman necklaces taught this week.
- Classes! Please tell Runa if you’d like to teach, or provide suggestions about what you’d like to learn. She has an open date at the first meeting in April.
- Chatelaine, Miriana:
- After two years, she’s looking to step down in the not-too-distant future. If you are interested in learning more about the role, or in possibly taking it on, please talk to her.
- Jacqueline is sponsoring a ’50 Largesee Items for Midrealm 50-Year’ challenge. She’ll collect and present the items of largesse at the 50-year celebration as a gift of the Cleftlands. Please have your items to her by 15-May: she’ll arrange to get them there and presented.
- Falcon’s Quarry hosts a regular Sunday combat practice, both rapier and armored combat, including a rapier tourney on first Sundays, and an armored tourney on last Sundays. Please check out the schedule and information on their website at https://falconsquarry.midrealm.org/calendar/
- A fencing school on the west side of Cleveland is now offering classes on historical combat on Sundays at 5 pm. Please contact Levi for additional information.
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild will meet at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Lubeck is hosting his ‘Anti-Social’ club on Thursdays: doing taxidermy, brewing, and now glass beads for the next three weeks. If you’re interested in joining in, please contact him as Steve Kerg on Facebook.
- Cook’s Guild is hosting the annual Siege Cookery Challenge. Pick up your bag of ingredients from Angharad this week or the next: bring your dish(es) to the February Dessert Revel on 27-Feb to share with the Barony.
- Archery Guild will meet Sunday, weather permitting, as the Guild head is getting antsy about not shooting anything. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details, or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers Guild meets 2nd and 4th Tuesdays. Madelaine is looking for hosts for the next few meetings. Contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org for detail for details and directions.
- Scribes Guild meets first Mondays, next on 4-Mar, at 7 pm at Brackenburye Cottage, Please contact Melisent at Grace@case.edu with any questions.