Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
- Our own Sorcha will be elevated to the Order of the Pelican at the Pferstadt Rapier Classic on 14-Sep: THIS SATURDAY!. And they are having a Tournament of Defense.
- Standard Bearer’s: A&S: Documentation is not required, but is appreciated. There is no theme, but it should be something completed in the last year. Armored, Rapier, and Archery competition are open anyone, whether a peer or not. There will be a rummage sale to help fund the event, as there is no site fee: it’s donation only.
- The Mapleside Demo is cancelled for this year, due to a lack of responsiveness by the new Mapleside team.
Demo Coordinator, Carl
- The Maker’s Faire is back on, and will be at the Science Center, rather than the Library downtown. They have asked us to appear again. The demo will be 2-Nov: we’re asked to show up between 8 and 9:30 am, as the Faire starts at 10 am. There are some parking spaces in the garage at the Science Center, and there’s on the street parking. It’s also walking distance from a Rapid stop. Attendance should be free for those participating in the demo. Please contact Carl for information.
- A&S Minister, Runa
- Next week, 18-Sep, Edward fitzRanulf is teaching classes on non-Mustard Sauces.
- If you are interested in serving as Cleftlands MoAS, please talk with Runa about it as she’s stepping down in November.
- Chronicler, Angharad
- Looking for people interested in serving as a back-up minutes take, or as a Deputy.
- Archery Marshal, Cadfan
- Next week, 18-Sep, Cadfan is looking to do Archery at meeting.
- September Dessert Revel: Our Open House/Arts Faire.
- Standard Bearer’s: 5-Oct. 10 am at our meeting site.
- Site is free, though donations are appreciated. Lunch will be $5, while feast is $10.
- There will be a rummage/yard sale at the event to help pay for the site – please donate items, or buy them.
- Branwen is organizing the Breakfast Bar and would appreciate donations.
- Clarisca is running the lunch tavern, and she is looking for some help in the service or handling cash. .
- The Cleftlands Boast Box will be at the site if you’d like to make a commitment.
- For more info, check the website at http://standardbearers.cleftlands.org/
- Bardic Madness, 2-Nov, will be in Rocky River. Jolicia is organizing crash space for attendees. If you have a bed, or floor to offer, please let her know.
- November Dessert Revel: Armored Tourney
- December Dessert Revel: Yule Celebration.
- Regular Event: accepting bids
- Jacqueline is teaching a class at Dessert Revel about folding paper cranes to support a largesse project for Prince Seto.
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings. Please use the new online A&S Activities Tracker on the Midrealm Services Portal to note what you’ve been up to.
- Armorer’s Guild meets Thursday’s at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home. Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Lubeck hosts his Anti-Social (Brewing) club 7-10 most Tuesdays. If you’re interested, please contact him as Steve Kerg on Facebook to confirm the meeting.
- Archery Guild is moving to Sunday afternoon at 2 pm, to take advantage of daylight starting this Sunday, 15-Sep meets, depending on weather, on Mondays 5:30 pm, at Gwyneth’s home. This week w’ll be doing a Pennsic review. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherworks Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers Guild normally meets 2 and 4th Tuesdays. They next meet on 24-Sep at Constanzas. Directions will be posted online, or contact Miriana at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and directions.
- Woodworker’s Guild may restart – depending on interest. Please contact Meinhard at Meinhard.email@example.com to express interest or ask questions.
- Scribes Guild meets first Mondays at 7 pm at Brackenburye Cottage. Please contact Melisent at Grace@case.edu with any questions.
- Bardic Tea Time will occur next Saturday at Orsina’s at 2 pm. Please contact her on Facebook for details. .
- Cook’s Guild meets first Wednesdays at meeting. Contact Angharad at BaronessAngharad@gmail.com if you have questions.