Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
- There will be an unofficial fighter practice at the baronial meeting place on 14-Dec., 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. See Crispin for details.
- Sergeant Sirius has been placed on vigil for the Order of the Chivalry.
- Fourth quarter herald reports are due Dec. 31. Reporting for Njall.
- Cadfan will be stepping down as seneschal at NOWM. Interested gentles will be able to apply for the next three months starting soon. The application will be online. Talk to Cadfan before applying and talk to other past seneschals. The incoming seneschal will be trained from March to June.
- No baronial meetings on Christmas or New Year’s Day.
- Cleftlands has a wiki that includes information about members of the Barony – please update your information at http://www.cleftlands.org/cleftlands-wiki/populace-update/ or use the Wiki to research your friends.
Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings. Please use the new online A&S Activities Tracker on the Midrealm Services Portal to note what you’ve been up to.
- Armorer’s Guild meets Thursday’s at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home. Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Archery Guild may have one last practice at Gwyeth and Muldonny’s house on 15-Dec. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherworks Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Lubeck hosts his Anti-Social (Brewing and everything else) Meeting 7-10 most Tuesdays. If you’re interested, please contact him as Steve Kerg on Facebook to confirm the meeting. The Meadery in Western Reserve interested in doing classes in mead making; the date is up in the air.
- Needleworkers Guild normally meets 2 and 4th Tuesdays. Contact Miriana at firstname.lastname@example.org for details. There will be a meeting 17-Dec.; the location is TBA.
- Dance Guild will lead dances at the December Dessert Revel.
- Cook’s Guild meets first Wednesdays at meeting.
- Contact Angharad at BaronessAngharad@gmail.com if you have questions.
- Scribes Guild. Please contact Milesent at Grace@case.edu with any questions.
- Demo coordinator, Karl
- There are tentative plans for a demo on 9-May at the Wild Woods. Details are pending.
- Pursuivant, Njall
- The first meeting of the month he hosts heraldic consultations about submitting an SCA name or arms. Please let him know if you are interested.
- Enter your name and information on the services portal, and mark Cleftlands as your home group. Being on the services portal makes it easy to submit your friends for awards and find other SCAdians. See Njall for details.
- Rapier Marshall, Ragna (by Njall)
- There will be a Rapier drop test night on 8-Jan.
- Chronicler, Angharad
- She is looking to step down as Chronicler; see her for details.
- A&S Minister, Angharad
- There will be no classes next week at Yule Revel. Slots for classes are open in January.
- The next Tournament of the Arts will be held on 11-Jan, but registration needs to be done by 15-Dec. You can register at https://tinyurl.com/y45qtff7
- March 21 is the North Oaken A&S faire.
- Exchequer, Robert:
- If you would like to donate baronial tithes for the whole year ($45), Robert can give you a receipt for your tax purposes.
- December Dessert Revel: Yule Celebration is on 18-Nov. Theme is “Solstice, Dark vs. Light.” Come dressed as Darkness or Light. There will be games to see if Sun or Night wins. There will be a table decorating display, food, dancing and gift exchange (something nice from your SCA closet or supplies. Please wrap it).
- At Yule, Master Milesent and Orsina will finish their challenge by giving a concert. Their challenge was to learn a new-to-them musical instrument. All are invited.
- Regular Event, 29-Feb (Leap Year Day) :
- Jacqueline is Event Steward with Clariscia as her Deputy Steward. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact them. The event theme is a “A Perfect Pairing.”
- There will be an A&S challenge. Brute squad help is needed.
- Katerin is recruiting teachers for the event. Please let her know if you would like to teach.
- Northern Oaken War Manuevers (NOWM) AS 54/2021
- Gianna has been Event Steward for the last seven years. If you are interested in shadowing her and learning to take on the role at “the event that runs itself” please let her know, as it’s not too early to get started on planning.
- Regular Event, AS 55/2021
- The site we are using (the Byzantine Cathedral in Parma) will not be available after 2020. It is NOT too soon to begin looking for a 2021 site and planning the bid.
- There will be an A&S Challenge: Projects should combine something you are good at with something you are just learning.
- Standard Bearers, AS 55/2021
- Why wait to start planning?
- If you want to host a tournament or would like to make a prize for a tournament, see Sirius.