Happy New Year! This is the first day of Anno Societatis 54.
Baron and Baroness, Crispin and Gianna
- Welcome to the new site. Please feel free to make recommendations as we slowly adapt to it.
- Shahzada stepped up as Baronial Chatelaine, as Miriana stepped down.
- Past weekend Youth combatants attended ‘It Takes My Child to Raze a Village’ Four Cleftlands children received the Baton; one the Dragons Treasure, and another the Silver Acorn for A&S activities
- This weekend is Coronation of Edmund and Kateryn, only a four hour drive away
- 18-May is Aethelmearc War Practice
- A&S Event has made a small profit: $80 at the gate, while Breakfast and Lunch together made $19
- Fletchings of Spring, an all-day archery event, is 11-May at Punderson State Park. For additional information, check http://fletchings.cleftlands.org/.
- North Oaken War Maneuvers. 1 to 3-Jun.
- Clean up weekend is 18-May, opposite Aethelmearc War Practice.
- Pierogi hut will be serving Friday and Saturday 6-9 pm.
- Robert is looking for people to help with parking Friday and Saturday.
- Pre-registration is open. Please find Madelaine or Dorothea at meeting.
- Gate could use volunteers, especially on Saturday.
- Remember that, as parking is limited, it’s helpful to park with your friends and campmates so that you’ll be leaving around the same time.
- Katelena would appreciate help with the Royalty lunch. She’ll be posting lists of what is needed.
- Craftsperson Row at NOWM will be by the bocce ball court. Talk to Jolicia about displaying.
- Bardic Madness, 2-Nov, will be in Rocky River.
- It is just about time to be thinking about Regular Event for next year. If you have any ideas, please discuss them with Cadfan. Is
- Pursuivant, Njall:
- Thanked Dmitri for doing heraldic consultation, as happens each first Wednesday. If you need help using the new award recommendations website, Njall can help you. Please recommend people soon for NOWM.
- Demo Coordinator, Shahzada
- She’s looking to step down soon. If you have any questions or are interested, please talk with her, or apply online after Friday.
- A&S Minister, Runa:
- Next week, Njall will be teaching a class on ‘Badges and Belts’
- Runa is stepping down in November this year. If you’re interested, please talk with her.
- Please use the new online A&S Activities Tracker on the Midrealm Services Portal (https://a12c.enciva.com). Runa has posted directions on how to make entries on Facebook.
- Classes! Please tell Runa if you’d like to teach, or provide suggestions about what you’d like to learn. She’s particularly interested in Pennsic-prep classes for June.
- Rapier Marshal, Velvet:
- Our Youth Rapier Corps has 15 participants. We’re looking for another 3 adult rapier combatants authorized to serve as combatants with the children to help train them.
- Jaquelinne is sponsoring a ’50 Largesse Items for Midrealm 50-Year’ challenge. She’ll collect and present the items of largesse at the 50-year celebration as a gift of the Cleftlands. Please have your items to her by 15-May: she’ll arrange to get them there and presented.
- Sirius is hosting a Two Headed Troll tourney at meeting in two weeks. Proper hand protection is required. NO hockey gloves!!
- Miriana, as A&S Champion is setting an ongoing A&S challenge: To work as a team with someone of a different skill level. Be the learner or the teacher. The first presentation of items created will be the Wednesday before 50 Year.
- Guilds and Guild Adjacent Activities
Guilds are the special interest groups of the SCA: people working together to focus on a particular activity. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings.
- Armorer’s Guild will meet at Ealdred and Clairiel’s home this Thursday. Please contact Calum at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or directions.
- Lubeck is usually hosts his Anti-Social (Brewing) club on Thursday. They are currently working on beer and taxidermy. If you’re interested,please contact him as Steve Kerg on Facebook to confirm the meeting.
- Archery Guild will meet, depending on weather, on Mondays, 5:30, at Gwyneth’s home. Please check the Baronial Facebook page for details, or contact Gwyneth.
- Leatherwork’s Guild meets Tuesdays at Oliver’s at 7 pm. Please contact Oliver at email@example.com or on Oliver Stillman on Facebook for directions and information.
- Needleworkers Guild meets 2nd and 4th Tuesdays. Next meeting is 14-May at Madelaine’s. Directions will be posted online, or contact Madelaine at firstname.lastname@example.org for detail for details and directions.
- Bookbinders Guild is making 50 small books to give as largesse at MK 50-Year, at Wednesday meetings. Please contact Jolicia or James Barkley if you have questions. There’s already a post with requested supplies on the Baronial FB page.
- Scribes Guild meets first Mondays, next on 6-May, at 7 pm at Brackenburye Cottage, Please contact Melisent at Grace@case.edu with any questions.
- Cook’s Guild meets first Wednesdays at meeting. Contact Angharad at BaronessAngharad@gmail.com if you have a questions. We will be planning to do some “Cooking over Fire’ practices at NOWM.